Fishing Forum

Full Version: Ogden River 11/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone. I thought I would pull everyone in here thinking it was a fishing report so we could argue religion or politics. LOL.. JK [Wink]

Anyway,

Hit the Ogden this morning. There was a little ice on the side of the river. That's a great sign for my fellow ice fishing brothers.
Used a prince nyphh, hares ear, pheasant tail, various emerging midges, but fishing was rather slow. Caught 4 with the biggest being 16 inches. Wter was a little higher and slightly off color... probably because of all the rain we had last night. Oh yeah, I caught a Cutt which is a rarity for the lower Ogden.(Below Pineview) I have caught a couple but they are few and far between. I know they have them in Wheeler Creek, so that's probably where they come from. Anyway, it wasd a fun day.

If anybody ever wanted to hook up and hit the Ogden let me know... either spin or fly.. I don't care. [Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Thanks for the report, Flycasting. Sounds like a great day. Get a little wet from the rain?[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
It was raining pretty good when I got there, but it stopped within 20 minutes of being in the river, so it wasn't too bad. It is getting REALLY cold at night and in the mornings.... can't wait for the ice. [sly]
[signature]
I haven't fished the Ogden in a number of years, but in the past I've pulled out some nice browns. Thanks for the report.
[signature]