Fishing Forum

Full Version: Red Cajun Ice line???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is everyones thoughts (like or dislikes) on the Red Cajun Ice line.

I just bought some and some negitve responses on it and am wondering if I should take it back or try it.
[signature]
I don't know about the ice line, but I like the regular cajun red line. that's about all I use.
[signature]
I use the regular Cajun Red too, but have never tried the Ice version. I can't imagine it would be too bad, because I really like their other line.
[signature]
I personally don't care for it. Strength was good but I don't know about the no visibility idea. My brother bought some last year and in the summer it worked fine while trolling at east canyon. We then went to east canyon on the ice and he caught very few. We thought he was just having a bad day. The next two trips out he could hardly buy a bite. Finally I talked him into trying an experiment. I tied on a 10' piece of my tippet and put the same jig back on. He had a fish in less than 5 minutes, and went on to catch almost as many as I did for the day. The next trip out we tried the same thing his cajun red versus my stren. At 10-0 for me he changed back to the tippet and has since respooled his reel. I really can't see how the visibility could change between summer and winter unless there is better light from the ice. Now I have never seen the Ice version of the Cajun Red so maybe thats better but I prefer the tried and true stren.
[signature]
maybe I will just put the line on one of my reels and give it a try. I guess there is no hurt in trying.
[signature]
[cool]I think it sucks too (for icefishing, anyway). 3 weeks ago when CBR, BassAckward, and littlejohnny were at Hunington littlejohnny wasn't getting as many bites as the rest of us and had yet to put a fish on the ice. Later on he was fishing right next to CBR and with the same jig and CBR was slaying them and he wasn't. They switched him up with a different rod and reel set up, or they changed his line (don't remember which) but he instantly started catching as many as Craig did.

I think the stuff might be o.k. for softwater fishing, but the icefishing line SUCKS bigtime, and I don't believe in the "invisible under water" claims that it makes. That's my .02!
[signature]
Bought some this year , put it on reel , still waiting for a fish to hit it . One more week of tryouts and it is back to Vanish for me . My opinion is it sucks .
[signature]