Fishing Forum

Full Version: Where should I go tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am playing hooky from work tomorrow and I can not decided where to go and play on the ice.

Strawberry or E-lake.

The DWR web site says that there is ice on E-lake and it may not be safe, but is it safe now? I know that it can be hot on e-lake at times.

The reports on Strawberry have been ok but not real hot.

Which would everyone choice if they had a choice or maybe another spot. I am open for suggestions. But all I know is I'm going tomorrow and where ever it is, is better then work.
[signature]
Hey Kidsnme!

Strawberry is the place! I just got home from there. The Lake is completely capped, with lots of safe Ice! I put 62 fish on the ice today in 5 hours, it was awesome! PM me if you would like more info!
[signature]
Sounds like you had an awesome day! Heading there tomorrow, just curious which portion of the lake you fished - Mud Creek, CCE, CCW, etc.? Thanks in advance!

midge
Midge,

Fished over by the marina! 23 feet of water, white foxee tipped with worm, and white tube tipped with minnow were best. caught lots of fish suspended!
[signature]
Wow, great day! Thanks for the report. I love that place!
[signature]
go to e-lake and have the lake to your self man.. it worth it!!
[signature]
How thick was the ice??
[signature]
What was the parking situation?
[signature]
I hate decisions. I guess the coin may decide in the morning. Either way I am going fishing and don't care where I drill my hole. Thanks
[signature]
Ice was a solid 5"!
[signature]
The parking situation is not good. The parking lot by the marina is not plowed! I did see a plow truck on my way out over by the pay station, but i'm not sure if they made it over to the Marina.
[signature]
I just spoke to a man up there who sounded like the owner or at least the manager of The Strawberry Marina. He said the only plowed parking right now was the few spaces that he has around his lodge for his customers. He said the main parking area was not plowed and he hoped that the forest service would have it plowed for the big rush that shows up around New Years. I told him I didn't wish him any bad luck, but that it might get ugly up there tomorrow when a bunch of people show up expecting to be able to go ice fishing.
[signature]
[cool]Isn't this info already on the "snowplowing at Strawberry" thread from last night? Oh well, guess it doesn't hurt to have it in a few other places too. Sure hope they get this plowing situation straitened out. Anybody know if C.C.E. parking lot by the outhouse is plowed?
[signature]