Fishing Forum

Full Version: How is Cache Valley?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how the fishing and the ice in Cache Valley? Especially the resevoirs around Preston.
[signature]
IceRod, have you checked on the Idaho board?
They have been great to help me with Idaho fishing questions.
[signature]
Not many reports other than a little activity at Hyrum on the Utah side but as DKS Renegade said check out the Idaho board. They have had several good reports about Deep Creek and Weston and such. Good Luck!
[signature]
Things are great and cold in Cache Valley. It's good because we had a lot of snow and that created a lot of slush. I have fished the reservoirs around Preston and done ok. I haven't caught a lot of fish. Deep Creek has indeed been great but has tapered off slightly. It doesn't matter what you use. Nice fish but nothing huge. The largest you'll get is around 19". Weston has been slow lately, but it can all change. Foster has been ok, but nothing big. Does that help?
[signature]
Thanks for the info, hit Fosters the day before Christmas and got wet getting onto the ice, so I thought I would check how it is now.
[signature]
Fosters had good ice last week and it's been pretty cold so I think you would be able to fish there with no problems.
[signature]
I have not hit the northern resovoirs near Preston, but Hyrum is doing really well for Rainbows. The ice last Saturday was about 3 1/2 inches (of good ice) and 2 inches of slush and white ice. After the last 2-3 days with realy cold temps, I do not see it being an issue this weekend. I have no idea where the Perch are, but thre are a few taken here and there is all.... Maybe Hyrum has a case of PineviewItus (prior to the recent comeback there). I am waiting for the perch to rebound like the used to and I have little doubt it will happen soon. They recently planted a ton of Tiger trout and I have no doubt that helped knock out some perch..

Porcupine, as of 10 days ago, was unsafe and 1/3 open water..again, I see that changing too with the temps.