Fishing Forum

Full Version: Lost Creek report 2/10/06
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hit lost creek this morning and ooooh weee it was cold! It had to be in the single digits and about 5-6 mph breeze. Stayed on the west side and about 1/2 mile north of the dam. Started out in 27' and caught 7 in about an hour and then someone turned off the feeding switch and it shut right off. I could see fish come up and inspect my jig but they would not open up. After the fish quit coming in (about 9:30) we moved out to some deeper water and nothing. I caught 1 suspended and barely any movement on the finder. We then moved to 2 more spots (shallower) and found a couple more hungry fish right as we were getting ready to leave (1:30). All in all it was a slow day. The ice is about 3-4" of good hard ice then about 1-2" slush then about 10" of garbage (frozen slush) ice. It's thick but not the best quality. Walking was easy but hand drilling isn't. We did end up getting a 14" plump rainbow, but the others were the usual cutts.
[signature]