Fishing Forum

Full Version: This ever happen to you???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]Has this ever happen to you? Check it out![/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040][url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3AepYiNcDQ&feature=PlayList&p=2E0B4753611D8C7C&index=0"]Click Here![/url][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
That happens to me on occasions but in the saltwater. I am constantly fighting to get my catch boated before the seals get to it.[pirate]
[signature]
Never happened to me, well at least like that. Once, while I was fishing, a snake came out of the water with a fish in its mouth. Didn't endup catching anything that day[Sad]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]This happened to me once. I caught a nice crappie and then a big ol' muskie decided to "filet" it for me. All I got was crappie head.[Sad][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
year befor last I was wading in the lake fishing,

I hooked in to what I am asuming a 12 inch large mouth bass. I know it was infact a large mouth bass because I caught the front half of the fish, the back half of the fish got away from me so I could not tell exactly how long the fish was. as I was reeling him a big ol pike swam up and took a bit out if him. talk about having a bad day (LMB's point of veiw).

so I threw half a fish back in to the water. far as I could throw it, I had no waders and was standing there lots of skin exposed. I have first hand and second hand experience dealing with sharp pike teeth. first hand one got my thumb while reaching for an escaped crappie in a hole in the ice, second hand my index finger. I still have my digets, but not for any inteligence on my part I can tell you, just dumb luck I didnt loose them.

on the up side I can tell you that it didnt hurt to get cut by a pike's tooth. that means the teeth are razor sharp. dull cuts hurt like the dickens, I think most every one can attest to a paper cut...

one time I caught two fish on one hook on the same cast.

it was many years ago in my teen years nearly back in the ice ages. I was out on a privet lake with a buddy, we were fishing for gills, we had been there for the better part of the day and had nothing to show for our efforts. well I finaly got a little scrapper of a bait nibbler, I carried on like I had a monster at the end of my line. just having fun with my fishing bud. well you can emagine the carring on's a youth can do, we were making all kinds of noise whoopin it up and hollaring. it was my first fish of the day so we was going to live it up.

well with all the comotion going on and my delenquancy of bring in my stunted gill my pole doubled over, BIG TIME! I dumbfoundly hooked in to a real wopper. well the wopper of the day, an 18 inch largemouth bass. after steighting up my act I brough the bass in and went to un hook it when I found I had not actualy hooked it, It had swallowed my stunted gill.

by the way before I forget, congradulations on your new title. you sport it well...
[signature]

Snags_Alot

No I haven't..seen it lots of times...never on my line [Sad]
[signature]
That's funny, that is exactly how I caught my first pike.

I was about ten and had been having a slow day all day and finally caught a big sunfish, so (although I don't endorse it now) I started casting the sunfish out and re-catching it over and over again for some excitement.

About the 5th or 6th cast, boom! I hooked a big pike.

Neeedless to say, from that day on it was catch sunfish and let them swim away for the big pike! It worked great.

Boy that brings back some great memories. Snooks Pond in Syracuse, New York.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]I think we did something along those lines when we were 10. I know that when I was ten I would "fish" 1 fish tell it literally died.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]