Fishing Forum

Full Version: Pictures of the World Record Bass's??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: recordbass4.jpg]
[font "Arial"]The current world record bass was caught near Jacksonville, Georgia on June 2, 1932 by George Perry. It's weight was 22 pounds 4 oz, and was caught from an oxbow lake off the Ocmulgee River called Montgomery Lake. That is one of the most sought-after fishing records in the world. [/font]

[Image: recordbass3.jpg]
Angler Scott Duclos of Santa Rosa, CA, landed this largemouth on March 1, 1997 on 75 acre Spring Lake, on the outskirts of Santa Rosa. The problem is, he released it without getting official measurements and other pertinent information.

[Image: recordbass2a.jpg]
Ms. Trew caught the fish on August 24 on 72-acre Clear lake in Sonoma County, California. The National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame has officially recognized the fish as a 12-pound line class record, however they will NOT certify it as an all-tackle world record. The IGFA also has it listed on their web page as a certified 12-pound line class record, but has yet to decide if it will be declared THE world record.

[Image: recordbass.jpg]
March 20, 2006- 25.1 pound Dixon Lake Largemouth in southern California. There's the fact that the fish was foul-hooked. That it wasn't weighed on a certified scale. And, ultimately, that it was released.
[signature]
MMMM George's fish didn't look that big like the others? I never saw his photo before and this is the frist time. I read about his story.
[signature]
Even though these fish weren't official. The size of the fish compared to the fisherman tell it all. Bottom line is that now we can produce some great bass fishing. Any one of those would have a replica mounted on my wall. Give thanks to all that that practice C&R.
[signature]
Catching a record sized fish would be a moral battle for me. I've always felt if a fish reaches a monsterous size, he didn't get there by being stupid. And if i'm able to out smart him one day and sink a hook into his jaw and get him to the boat, just out of respect for the fish, I let them go. I always keep the stupid little ones I catch to eat. Besides, more times than not, the little ones taste better anyways.[cool] Even with Wahoo, The smaller ones I keep, they make some killer sashimi.(for those sushi eatters) The bigger ones, if I can get the hook out with out injuring the fish, i'll risk a sliced hand to revive them and send them on their way. If not, i'll stick the gaff in them, anyone that's had wahoo knows it doesn't go to waste. It's some of the best table fare there is, and that is uncontested.

No matter, it would be a hard decision. If I new beyond a shadow of a dought that I had an all tackle world record beside the boat, it would be hard to let that go. Mmmmm, I smell the makings of a new poll on the poll and surveys board. [cool]
[signature]