Fishing Forum

Full Version: What is your specialty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm tired of a certain subject [crazy] so I'm going to switch things up a bit. I was wondering what my fellow BFT members do for a living or on the side. I am a plumber/pipefitter/welder out the local union #140 in SLC. I do mostly commercial or industrial construction, right now I am working at SLC international airport. I figure everyody needs a plumber just like I could use a diesel mechanic. Sometimes a sheetrocker or an electrician or someone to give computer tips could help one of us. So, what is your trade?
[signature]
Plain and simple, I work for eBay and have for the past 6 years now. Smile
[signature]
I am a CPA employed as the Chief Accounting Officer for a public corporation, and I do income tax returns moonlighting (is it April 15th yet?).
[signature]
Computer geek for a living and on the side.
[signature]
Tractor/trailer mechanic. going on 10yrs now.
[signature]
Great topic fsh4fun05!

I am a Software Engineer by trade and a webmaster on the side

([url "http://www.utahfishinginfo.com"]www.utahfishinginfo.com[/url])
[signature]
Aircraft Inspector
[signature]
I retired from the lumber/hardware business and now I teach high school biology.
[signature]
I am a salesman for the 2nd largest supplier of alternator and starter parts in the country. I have worked in my industry for 13 years now.
I am one those guys that knows alot about many things but a master of none.
Before I was in the rebuilding industry. I installed telephone and computer networks. I did that for around 5 years.
I used to build computers on the side. Back in the day when you could make some money doing it.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] I am a Heavy Mobile Equipment mechanic, and Tire Shop Foreman.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
I actually just started a new job. I am now the Sr. Project Manager for SoCal Home Depot contractor installaions.[cool]
[signature]
Environmental Scientist by education and spent 10 years in the field (terrestrial ecology in the Mojave and Great Basin deserts). Am now a Software Engineer by trade but I don't write much code. I tell other engineers how it should work and they write the code. The software and hardware my company makes is used primarily in environmental and industrial monitoring and control. Computer geek, handyman and home brewer on the side.
[signature]
Primarely i sell coke, on the side i am a computer geek
[signature]
[#505000]That's pretty bold to come on the board and announce you sell Coke. Especially since I'm a police officer!! Just say no to drugs!! [Wink][/#505000]
[#505000][/#505000]
[#505000]Since you are a fellow computer geek I'll pretend I didn't read that!![/#505000]
[signature]
[sly] I am a mobile coke selling unit, i cover 5 counties and i deliver right to 10 schools, one jail house, and 3 hospitals (but they have even better drugs)
[signature]
I'm a "Sparky".
[signature]
That's great, a coked up computer geek! [Tongue] What is "the best" antivirus software available right now, fish4fish?
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff4040][size 3]Now the real question is..... Coke or Pepsi???[cool][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff4040][size 3][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff4040][size 3]Oh yeah I work at BD Medical. You know that big old building across State St. from the Expo Center.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
As far as pay ones goes, i perfer mcaffee to norton, i didnt like the way norton tried to overtake my system.

AVG and avast and good free ones, but i have seen some fully updated Free ones that have been infected with viruses that mcaffee easily removed
[signature]
I am a Physical Therapist with an office in Draper and Spanish Fork. We specialize in orthopedics and sports medicine. My expertise comes in handy when you throw out your back netting the big one, tear your rotator cuff with too big of hook set, give yourself tendonitis from too much casting, twist your knee sneeking across the slippery rocks to get the perfect casting angle for you fly, or spraining your thumb when it gets caught in your backlash with your new baitcaster reel! We do the typical stuff too like "I fell down the stairs and broke my hip" or "I really felt my achillis tendon pop as I tried to stretch that single into a double" and my favorite "I'm not really sure what happened to my ankle, elbow, and middle finger but I was playing ward ball....and now they all hurt!"

Fsh4fun05, I may be needing a little plumbing work done at my office....you up for a little side work?
[signature]