Fishing Forum

Full Version: Farmington Pond Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took the boy to the pond this evening. No ice anywhere and the weather was great. He caught a few 8in bows in the couple of hours we where there. They seem to only hit on Salmon Eggs and wanted nothing to do with power bait. All in all a great father-son trip. Makes me happy to see my 4 year old out fishes the few other adults that were there![Wink]
[signature]
I have never fished this pond. Where exactly is it?? I would like to take my 9 year old there some time. Any info you could provide me as to location and what to use would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
I don't know street names, but I'll give it my best shot[Smile]

Take 15 south and exit at the Farmington exit. The road will curve east toward the mountains. Go straight at the first light you come too and hang a right at the stop sign (HWY 89). You will go thru a little "S" curve and at the end hang a left up a pretty steep road. Hang a left at the top of the hill (should be a 2 story log cabin on the left corner) Go down about a 1/4 of a mile and take the left fork. You will see a sign for the fishing pond in the middle of the fork and that road will take ya there. Hope ya don't get lost[Smile]

its right behind the Lagoon park
[signature]
forgot to finish, nightcrawlers and salmon eggs seem to always be the ticket up there. From a bobber or on the bottom. But the only problem with the bottom is you might pull in a couple sucker fish[Wink]

good luck
[signature]
Teroy,
Thank you I will try it one night this coming week. Sounds like salmon eggs work well any other suggestions? Oop's just got your update, thanks again!!!
[signature]