Fishing Forum

Full Version: todays catch of salmon!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 398925.JPG]
heres todays catch, sorry I forgot to take the picture till I had a bowl full of filets, but heres 3 salmon, had a good day ended up with a limit of trout and salmon and 4 whitefish, lost atleast 5 fish this morning, but had fun thats what counts, FISH ON!!!
[signature]
so what state did you all catche these in?

Them is some tender lookin vittles..[Tongue]

thanks for the share, we do kinda want to keep the fishing reports on our regeonal boards... but do apreceate the fish on report...
[signature]
looks pretty good! did you jig for those?
[signature]
Nice day out and I see salmon give out BFT cards in your area. [Smile][cool]
[signature]
bkidder I was useing spawn in the skeen, I just put a hunk of spawn on a #12 hook and drift it along the channel in about 30 feet of water, other baits work well but I like spawn and corn this time of the year, i would have went out today but the wind was up to high for me, white caps, I am fishing the mouth of lake superior, bout 6 or 7 miles up from where it dumps into the sainte marys river, i am fishing what we call the narrows the lake is only 3 or 4 miles wide where i am fishing.

gdn443 you like that card hey, I thought it was a nice touch to the picture.

well its raining here now, looks like the fish are safe on the big lake today, i will be out as soon as the weather lets me, that is the only bad thing about this big lake, dont take much wind to shut you down, FISH ON!!!
[signature]
sounds like youve got the technique down! i'll bet that would work well here too- now that a lot of the trout are just done spawning. perhaps i'll give it a try. thanks for the report and pics! sorry about the weather!
[signature]
nice salmon! haven't been salmon fishing in over 2 years (was my first time caught a jack and big female!).
[signature]
Hello whitedog,
Great day on the water, makes for a great dinner.

How do you typically cook'em up?
[signature]
theangler when i eat fish as you can see they are filet and skin is removed, I will not eat a fish with the skin on, why I dont know, I just like them that way, as for cooking them I am not a health food cook when it comes to fresh whitefish and jack salmon, I either pan fry them or batter and deep fry, I am not into any type of baked or grilled fish or raw and I very seldom eat any thing else but fish for dinner, when I eat fish, I only eat fish and at my house its a all you can eat fish dinner, I do smoke a lot of fish, fact is soon as me and fieldwalker can get out I am going to get a batch for the smoker, so he can try my smoked fish,theangler you ever get up this way let me know ill smoke a batch up for you to take home, FISH ON!!!
[signature]
Hell WD,
Thank you for the offer! I am a big fish eating fan and have tried a lot of fish but have never really smoked to much. Sounds good! I'll have to try smoking some one of these days!
[signature]
i feel the same way about fish as you do whitedog. i cant stand to eat them if the skin or bones are left. fillet is the way to go! and deep fried too! ive never smoked one, perhaps i'll have to try it. i also cant eat fish from a store or resturant. i dont know why- but i like to be sure of its source.(when it was caught, how well it was cared for, kept cold, etc) im a head case like that!
[signature]
There is one important tip for smoking Salmon. Take note as to which end you are lighting up![shocked][Wink]
[signature]