Fishing Forum

Full Version: Southern Utah Fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am from the Idaho board and am going to be down in Southern Utah for a few weeks. I was wondering if any one knew of some good fishing down here. I am really wondering if anyone has any info on Kolob Res. and if it is ice free? Any info would be great. Thanks

Fight4not
[signature]
Piute Res. is not that far south but according to my dad, people have been hammering large rainbows out of there all spring. Piute is about half way between Richfield and Panguitch.
[signature]
It might be considered a sin not to hit Quail Creek and/or Sand Hollow for some of those Largemouths!

I can't wait to get down there soon.

Nate
[signature]
Kolob has iced off but may be murky from runoff. Quail has rainbows as well as bass. Minersville is just west of Beaver and Navajo Lake up above Cedar City should ice off soon. As mentioned, for bass, check out sand Hollow and Quail Creek. Both are by Hurricane. Gunlock also has bass and is west of St. George. Lots of water down that way to fish. Just stay clear of Panguitch lake, it was just treated with rotenone and won't have any fish until June 1.
[signature]
Ice is off Kolob and the fish are cruising the shoreline. You should do good fishing either Sand Hollow, which is also producing some nice fish. Both places have a slot limit so check the proc. but you probable already know about the special regs at both lakes.
[signature]