Fishing Forum

Full Version: TIBBLE FORK great place for kids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished up the inlet to tibble fork in some of the pools and had a blast with a bunch of little trout went back and got kids and they had a ball reeling in those little fish. I used fresh Stealhead eggs from my last trip to Idaho. it was so fast of action i had problem re baiting hooks.

P.S. Sorry for stumbling on the the couple getting BUSSY in the trees.[shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked][crazy][crazy][crazy][crazy][crazy]
[signature]
Nice report, im glad you were catching up at Tibble. They must have stocked it because I have been there twice in the past 3 weeks and got skunked. So you were at the east end of the lake where the river comes in? And you walked in on a couple, thats too funny. So what is the difference between the steelhead eggs and normal salmon eggs?
[signature]
Stealhead eggs are from stealhead that we catch up in idaho they are fresh and not treated with chemicals like salmon eggs. I would use them over salmon eggs any day of the week. ya I heard a noise in the trees and went to see what it was and almost triped over them boy they were noisy.[sly][sly][sly][sly][sly][sly]
[signature]
Thats great, I bet those work really well. Is there any other way to get eggs like that, or do I have to find a pregnant steelhead? I dont like to kill pregnant fish if I can help it. How long do those eggs usually last, can you stick em in a jar and save them for a while? I have never had a day at Tibble where I could not load the bait fast enough because they keep biting..
[signature]
I only keep the stealhead that are leagle and most are females and we keep the row in jars and baggs and keep some frozen and some in fridge they last not a long time but they sure are fresh.
[signature]
Nice, so where could someone get a steelhead around SLC. Would I have to fish Idaho?
[signature]
I may have some in freezer I would have to check.
They are not going to start stocking it till the end of may right before memorial day.
[signature]
I'll give Tibble another shot after Memorial day I think.
[signature]