Fishing Forum

Full Version: Hyrum Friday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got back from this tempermental reservoir and thought I'd throw out a quick post.
The water level is quite high and still somewhat murky. Some areas are hard to access because of the water level. It was a bit breezy, and my few hrs. of chucking lures and using worms/powerbait produced nada.
Very few people there, only saw a couple of boats and they were just dragging lures with the same results.

Anyway, just wanted to post that to my fellow cache valley fishermen.

Thinking of hitting either the Berry or Utah Lake in a couple of weeks.

Derek
[signature]
Did you get a water temp???

Thanks
[signature]
Man was Hyrum tempting me Saturday morning, but I voted on the Bear River instead. I hope to try to hit my little spot there soon and see if it produces in the summer too.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I talked to three guys who trolled Hyrum on Saturday and caught limits of planters. Said they were using Rapalas.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]As a side note, the rangers on Hyrum are really keeping a close eye on boats and doing inspections. Many infractions are minor but still being wrote up or warnings are being issued. Make sure you have the required safety equipment on your boat, your numbers and stickers are legal, and you observe all boating regulations or you may find yourself donating to the state.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Lets hope they are serious about enforcing some of the boating laws like keeping your distabce between boats. Hyrum can be as bad as Willard at times. (Dang water skiers anyway!)
When I left the water Friday around 11 a.m. it was 54.
When I left the water Saturday around 4 p.m. it was 59.
[signature]