Fishing Forum

Full Version: Animated Knot Tying website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This website was pointed out to me by someone else. Thought I'd pass it on. It makes learning the various knots so much easier! It has knots for boating, fishing, climbing, and more!

http://www.animatedknots.com/
[signature]
very cool website! ive been practicing the rapala knot. im going to be using that one a lot i think. the website you shared helps a lot. thanks for posting.
[signature]
It's my pleasure. I've got so much to learn still. I basically use two knots myself. I'm missing out so much!
[signature]
WOW, thanks for sharing this website with us. I used to only use one knot for the longest time...then I learned a new one and stuck with it forever. Now I will actually experiment with a handful Smile
[signature]
Hiya Lesbepals! Welcome to BFT!

Yeah, this is a great site. I look at it once in a while and keep telling myself to bring in an old spool of line so I can practice, practice, practice! Maybe after work today.

Hope to hear lots of fishing tales from ya! A few pics to show they're true would be nice for the photo gallery.

From whence do you type? I'm in the great state of 10,000 named lakes and almost as many unnamed!!
[signature]
HI ya Rat,

I am in IL. I went to Minn about 7 years ago and had the "pleaure" of falling in the Sauk River 2 days in a row! ROFL

I fish in some lakes that are man made but they are only about an hour away. One is a nice locale/atomoshphere but the lake is really being neglected and a couple years ago the water was so low, the water was too warm and the lilly pads and whatever else is really taking over so that is disappointing!

I just noticed that these are actually knots for fly fishing and I have never fly fished yet. So I dunno but I am going to try and find a good animated site for other knots since I know such an animal exists lol

Pal
[signature]
Many of the knots are good for more than just fly fishing. Just ask the experts such as DaveTClown and TubeN2.
[signature]
Ahhh okay thanks! Smile I will have to do some practicing and maybe get you a pick of my best ones Smile
[signature]
[cool]I checked out that Animated Knot Tying website--very cool! Maybe I'll finally learn to tie those knots I always keep trying to master but end up with a bunch of twisted mono and assorted curses. Thanks for the info--with this useful website, even a certified "knothead" like me can learn to literally "tie one one!"
[signature]

Snags_Alot

Hey DDR,
That's a great site...now maybeI can master actull knots instead of the ball of line I have on the end of my rod [Smile]
[signature]
LOL Snags... you one funny guy!
If yer playing with balls of line at the end of yer rod, try a limper line.
[signature]
There are several different categories for the knots. Here is a link to the same page, but only the fishing knot section. They can be used for fly fishing, freshwater and saltwater.

[url "http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishing.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com"]Knots[/url]
[signature]
yeah that's the same site just another page
[signature]
Cool site, just what i've been looking for
[signature]
SinCityHustler,

Welcome to BFT! Yeah, it is quite a useful site. I've been turning to it more often than I thought I would.
[signature]