Fishing Forum

Full Version: Memorial Weekend Getaway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[size 1]I'm heading to Bishop CA for the Memorial Weekend. If anyone would like to join me, just PM your phone # and I'll call you with details.

There is some nice Rainbows, Alpers, Browns, LMB, SMB, Cats and Gills. Plenty of fishin to go around.[cool] [/size]
[signature]
Where's Bihop? [Tongue]

Hey, made a discovery at 12:30am today. There's two Barstow's in California! The second, less known one, is in the Fresno suburbs.

Too bad yer not making a trip to the wonderful land of 10,000 lakes.

Hey, how's the fishing during the holiday season down yer way? My brother is being released in 6 weeks and we'll both be home for Christmas. Would love to catch a California Condor while casting out for fish!
[signature]
man i would love to go out there it has been along time since i have been there next time you go out i will try to make it.
[signature]
Hello Guys,
I think I am going to try to get up to 11 mile res. here in Colorado. I'll let you know how I do.
[signature]
Next trip to Bishop will be on Labor day. Think about it![cool]
[signature]
do you have a boat i have been looking into getting one
[signature]
I actually will be heading up to Mn possibly in early june for some business training but would love to get in some fishing. I will be coming to applevalley any suggestions
[signature]
if you go to applevalley then you can hit up hesperia lake the address is 7500 Arrowhead lake road Hesperia, ca 92345 phone number is 760-244-5951. there is also Silverwood lake [url "http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=650"]http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=650[/url] these are places that is close to applevalley and i heard hesperia lake stocks 3000 pounds a week of fish most of them are cats and some good size ones
[signature]
My wife and I were gong to head out of town this weekend but unfortunatly my work has other plans for my Saturday.
[signature]
don't you hate when that happens. hey spokane were do you fish around there i used to live in vancouver wa. never did any fishing out there thow
[signature]
I have a few floatation devices.

1. Ranger 360 bass boat.

2. Cobra Triple Kayak

3. Three float tubes.

I'm looking to add a "Toon" to the arsenal soon.
[signature]
Awesome! Actually, i'm not very familiar with the majority of the lakes yet. Working on it. I'll do some research for ya. Why not stop in at the Minnesota board? I'll be posting more reports I get from others on there after this weekend.
[signature]
I'm on the Eastern Side of Washington which greatly limits the amount of decent sized fishing spots. I used to live in Centralia Washington and spent alot of time down on the Columbia river, Carlysle lake and Olympic National Park.

Now i pretty much fish Chapman Lake, Williams Lake, a few of the Medical Lakes, with plans to hit Sprague and Potholes in addition to Diamond and Fishtrap.

Theres almost 100 lakes in my area but none of them have anythign to take note of.

I will venture farther out as money/time permit. i am hoping to hti Western Washington in late August and go back to some of my favorite spots.
[signature]
I miss fishing up and down the 395. A friend and I used to fish the Owens River Valley religiously. Independance, Lone Pine, Big Pine, Bishop, Lee Vining...man, those were good times. Great camping up there...if you don't mind bears, hehe. There is so many bodies of water to fish within 50 mile radius, wonderful place.

Lost the biggest freshwater fish of my life at Tinnemaha Resevior on the Owens River. Fought that hog for 10 minutes...then he decided he was done messing with me. I had to sit down and have a cigarette to collect myself after that. My hands were shaking so bad.

Are you going to hit up Lake Sabrina at all? There are some huge trout to be had in there.
[signature]
thats cool i want to get a boat soon not sure what i want yet. hey good luck this weekend let me know what you catch and i will do the same. as soon as i get out of work i am going straight to the lake
[signature]
This is what i caught over the weekend at santa ana river lakes. i caught more but this was the biggest one.
[signature]
I don't go up to Sabrina very often. It eats alot of gas going up that hill.

We hit the Buckly Ponds, Bishop Creek and then Bakers Creek on the way back.

We ended up with 17 smallies(released), 168 LMB(released), 160 Bluegills of all sizes ( 12 of them joined us for breakfast) 86 Green Sunfish(released) 4 Brown Trout (released) 18 Rainbows (9 to 15inches) 7 biggest came home. 2 Carp (released)[cool]
[signature]
man it sounds like you had a great weekend.
[signature]
We had a blast. I will post a full report when I get home and develope the pics from my digital. We didn't photgraph every single fish, but we did get some of the highlights and scenery.[cool]
[signature]
thats cool so are you going to head out there for labor day to
[signature]