Fishing Forum

Full Version: black's on blue's..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i got the chance to go do some large mouth fishing (black bass) the other day.. i will not say what lake.. you can try a guess if you like but good luck with that.. anyway we got to the lake around 2:30 friday afternoon..
Lonnie a X-B.A.S.S pro and Bass pro shop guide.. Jimmy A B.A.S.S Pro and turbine repair man.. well we got to the grass line and they started throwing all there bass stuff out.. i however seen alot of bluegill working the bank so i went small to see if i could hook some of them..
after catching about 10 gill's i seen a big flash behind the gill i had on.. so i cranked it in as fast as i could got my 8 1/2 allstar heavy out and put a o/1 baitholder on it.. grabed ahold of that bluegill and hung it on the line and whiped it right back on the grass line.. took about 1 min for a 8 lbs black to pick it up and run with it..
layed into my rod to set the hook.. and it exploded on the surfice with a big splash.. well lonnie and jimmy turned to see what was going on.. and seen that big boy splashing around and gave me a way to go dude.. first bass of the day.. lol tell they seen what i was useing.. then i was a cheater .. ha i know what them big boy like i said and grabed the worm and bobber again for another gill.. well after i hook 1 more bass that was around 5 lbs they started fishing for gill's to.. all we would do is put the gill on and throw it up by the grass and let it swim around tell it died or got hit.. it was so fun watching them bass come flying out of the gress and chace them gill's around!!
great fun!!! yeah

all in all we cought about 15 bass for the 3 of us my'n was the big one of the day at 8.2 lbs but we all got some real nice ones in..
[signature]
I do hope you weren't in Utah![Sad] It is illegal to use gills as bait especially alive! I have seen tigers at pineview smash crappie that were getting reeled in and only ever seen one musky get landed that way.
[signature]
Nice work Ron. Sounds like it was a blast!
[signature]
it's only illegal if you get cought [sly].. and i think utah's no live bait reg is wrong very wrong.
so i fish with live bait when i can.. dead when i have to.. [pirate]..
it so much more fun when it's alive tho.. see them poor little guy's swiming for there life's draging a big hook in there behind.. then seeing them big fish just gulp them right down and bang set the hook.. big fish on tap all day long!! [sly]

if the fish are allready in the lake and the fish are feeding on them there is no reason to not use what they are feeding on as bait and useing it live is always best[sly]
[signature]
I am normally pretty nice, but I have no respect for anyone who has to cheat to catch a dang fish! You ought to be proud to break the rules![unsure] We all could catch big fish on live bait, but most of us obey the rules[mad], you have nothing to be proud of. I do hope you get caught next time[mad]. I thought you were a good law abiding fisherman who gives us reports, I guess I was wrong[mad]. Just my .02 cents.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Can't we all just get along? I'm pretty sure Fuzzy was out of state, plus I don't think we even have any black bass here.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Unless he specifies what state he was in, I will hold my position. Black bass is another name for large mouths, the law is the law if you like it or not![Wink]
[signature]
Largemouth bass is also referred to as black bass, which FF referred to in the first sentence of his report, and yes, there is largemouth bass in Utah. I've had largemouth bass follow and grab small perch that I've hooked at Jordanelle. Kinda exciting, but also against the law. Live bait fishing is not allowed in Utah so as not to introduce unwanted species in a body of water. I do hope FF was fishing out of state.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]And that's why I'm not a bass fisherman[cool]. I'm sure he just threw that out there expecting all these answers, and just yankin everybody's chain.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I hope thats what he is doing, I don't like causing problems.[angelic] Hey Skot, I am no bass pro either!
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]I don't kno man, from all your posts, you seem to know a little more about bass than I do.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
hey big bucks.. let me guess here..you come to a full stop at every stop sign you come to? and would never speed? and have never tryed to make a yellow light and was late getting through? the law is the law right?
but only if you get cought? [sly] he without sin can cast the first stone?
but before you think to badley of me think of this.. how meny B.A.S.S pro's do you know that live in Utah or would even want to live in Utah? not to meny that i know of.. and last i heard there's not a bass pro shop anywhere near Salt lake.. well i guess there is one in Vagis that's kinda close..

i cheated only in a maner of speeking.. the guy's i was fishing with are bass pro's and i out fished them on there home waters for the first 30 min's of fishing.. useing my skill in bait over there plastic worms... but it did not last long befor they showed me why they are pro's and i'm just a guy that likes to fish.. i cought 3 of the 15 bass cought they cought the rest..all were turned back even tho i wanted to put that 8 lbs'er on my wall they just shook they heads and said way to smal for that.. we did have a real nice gill cook on the barby that night tho..
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Ron, you've had your fun. Now, unless you confirm that this lake was not in Utah, we need to close this thread. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We don't need another controversial thing here and we do not condone violating our wonderful and restrictive Utah regulations.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you really wanna get something going, tell everybody you used corn to catch planter rainbows to use for live bait. That is legal in Idaho, where they do use corn for trout and trout for sturgeon bait, but not here.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey man, thanks for letting us know, I do know a lot of people come up from vegas to fish in utah for bass though. No hard feelings![Smile] Little more clarification next time huh, the way you replied just sounded a bit suspicious! [Wink]
[signature]
Hey TD, last time I checked corn and gamefish were Not leagal for bait in Idaho. I could be wrong maybe they changed it.[Wink]

Bodine
[signature]
I believe Ron was hangin' out in Florida recently...hint, hint.[Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There has never been a restriction on using corn or fish parts in Idaho...except for protected species. Trout, crappies and other gamefish are used regularly (and legally) as bait for sturgeon on the Snake River. As long as you do not take overlimits or otherwise violate fishing regs, you can use your harvested gamefish for bait.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/fish/rules/full_booklet.pdf"]IDAHO REGULATIONS[/url][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Bodine, I think you better check again.
[signature]
I'm with TD and Kent. That was the way we spent our evenings in Hagerman. Catch some planter trout on corn and then hit the Snake river for some sturgeon on trout. It feels wierd when i fish bait waters in ID because i keep looking over my shoulder! lol
[signature]
Thats cool it's a good thing to know. About 15 years ago I was using corn on Paris creek and a game warden (dead now) told me it was illegal. Thanks for the reply.

Bodine
[signature]
Pages: 1 2