Fishing Forum

Full Version: Flash light fishing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is flash light fishing and is it legal in PA?
[signature]
Sounds like your talking about useing light in the water to attract bait fish , thus the larger fish. I've used glow sticks for this myself. Never heard it being illegal any where, but you should check your local regulations.
[signature]
When I have a chance to night fish, i'll tie off to a bridge pilon or something and drop a floating light in the water. You can get them for like 15 bucks at walmart. Like previously mentioned, they attract bait fish, and work great for crappie fishing.[cool]
[signature]
I used a lantern many times for Trout. Directly off a deep ledge I would wade out and put the lantern on a rock. Draws in the bait which in turn draws in the Trout. I would start my fishing at 3:30am or so and be gone before most woke up to go fishing.
[signature]
That's interesting, i've never heard of anyone night fishing for freshwater trout.

I know there are some guys that night fish for speckled trout when they are running in the saltwater creeks, and do very well at it.

[cool]
[signature]
It’s funny how people think thinks are new. I love to read old fishing articles. Some things I do people think I invented when actually they used to use these methods before I was born. I just bring them back to life. The so called new thing up here now is Tube and Worm fishing. I remember the older surf casters that I used to fish with as a kid laughed at people who fished with T&W. It was known as NO Talent fishing. Just drop and drag.
[signature]
Speaking of using a light for night fishing.....
I get hit often by a company that sells a "Secret for Evening" fishing. I like the looks of the light but its $200. I really want to know if it works? Some fishermen/women use glo sticks but say they dont give out enough light.
Whats the WalMart system like ??
Any way to make your own ???
Lets talk about it.....
Ideas??

SW
[signature]
[Wink] And I know of only one species of Trout that wanders at night.....[cool]
[signature]
I used to fish for lake trout up in the UP at night, we'd use a light like one thats being discussed and a can of corn, dump the corn in and put some on your hook. viola! Lake trout.
-Logan
[signature]
will large green glowsticks work?
[signature]
I can say that the green glow lights did bring in the bait fish and we did get one on minnows. But the other boats got more useing corn. Go figure. [crazy]
[signature]
also a good way to get bait. atract alot of minniows then use one of those long strings of small hooks with glow beads (not sure wat they are called)
[signature]
I have a green LED light that is very bright, do you think that would work?
[signature]
well i tried the green glowstick thing last night in lake wallenpaupack and the didn't atract any minnows.
[signature]
Well now try a portable spot light that will run on a car battery. I rigged one up for crabbing at night. 2 million watt with alligator clips. If that doesn't draw them in nothing will.
[signature]
I could be wrong, but I think that it is illegal to use artificial light to attract fish in Minnesota. We have some wierd laws here. I am going to try to look it up now. I will get back to everyone.
[signature]
Here is what I found out about Minnesota specifically. It is illegal to use any artificial lights to attract fish unless it is attached to the line itself. So things like glow in the dark lures are legal, but a glowstick by themselves are not.
[signature]