Fishing Forum

Full Version: Echo Derby fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I never have fished Echo from shore or boat but decide to give it a try and might as well try it during a derby . Traffic on the water was a joke but I managed a few for my trouble . I just hope "troutrods" will forgive me for the harvest of one fish . No Mojo for this boy .[Wink]
[signature]
Way to go Randy, good job!

[signature]
Congratulations Randy. You have all ways had a touch for them browns at Lake X, Willard bay and now Ehco.

WAY TO GO !
[signature]
Those browns sure know how to survive. A few years ago they were in pretty bad shape with the low water, you could see them swimming around real slow with some leech lookin' creatures attached to their skin. Good to see a bruiser come out of there.
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Congratulations Randy. You have all ways had a touch for them browns at Lake X, Willard bay and now Ehco.[/size][/black][/font]

Browns at Willard!??!? That would be the last thing I would think of hooking into out there. If you've caught a brown outta Willard, you are the Brown Trout King! LOL

Nice job! Beautiful fish!
[signature]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=256861;#256861"][size 1][#333366]Wipers and big Brownie !! [/#333366][/size][/url]
[signature]
For some reason the Brownie pic wasn't showing up for me. It's not that I didn't believe there are browns in Willard, but they must be few and far between. Thanks for finding the post. I missed that one. [cool]
[signature]
Nice work Randy. Did you take your son with you this trip? I think your little boat is quite the fishin' machine!
[signature]
nice job Randy, and nice pictures. thanks for sharing
[signature]
Way to go Randy! Not bad for your first outing at Echo.
[signature]
Thanks . I was solo this trip , but this would be a good derby for the kids to get in on . Price is right . Almost didn't get on the water due to the stormy conditions but it cleared up nicely . I was 2 hours late of the start but glad I missed that rush . This was not the big fish of the day . A 30" buck brown was caught but you can only place in the contest every 5 years and this guy has one more year before he can place .He did win the hourly prize . I had my camera but didn't get a pic of it . Kicking myself now . I did hook about 20+ bows thru out the day ranging from 14" to 18" and maybe one going 20" . I must admit they fight a lot harder than my brown .
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] WTG Randy, you always seem to have the MIDAS touch when you are on the water.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]