Fishing Forum

Full Version: What to tell the wife so you can get out fishing...:)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok well its fishing season again,and fishermen with wives
all over the world know its time!!
its time!! So if any one can help please do.
I need to brush up on my quick witted excuses for future fishin trips so i can rattle off a beauty in a moments notice....any one!! if you got a good excuse that works post it please!
So we dont have to hear those terrible words "do you have to go fishing today?"and then having to see that corprateeyebrow of the wife? Frowning upon your fishing trip...Smile
please help this fishermen in need!!![Wink]
lolololol
So far the best excuse i heard is
Tell your better half
she won the lottery in Africa and she has to go there
to get the check and cash it, This
will give you time to slip out the back and call your fishing buddy,load the boat gas up the truck and head out onto the water.
and if all goes well you will have about three days of solid fishing with out worries..

Well good luck all

Profishing
[signature]
This is so funny! I'm having a hard time thinking of any excuses because it's usually me dragging my husband out to fish!

My husband loves to fish for catfish and I'm a bass nut. To be fair, we sat down together at the computer and thought of all of the neat things that we wanted to do together. Of course fishing was at the top of the list. We designated "catfish days" and "bass days" throughout the week so that we each get to do something that we want to do!

If your wife doesn't like to fish, schedule in your fishing days and then schedule something with her that she likes to do. If you are giving her a day(s), she'll have to understand about your fishing days. Just a thought!

If that doesn't work, you could always tell her that on certain days you're going to extended therapy sessions to help with your "fishing addiction." The longer you stay out, the more "therapy" you're getting and she'll be so pleased! Ha-ha.
[signature]
My general excuse for everyone is that I have and "Eye" problem.

Why should "Eye" (stay home or go to work) when "Eye" can go fishing instead?[cool]
[signature]
i would tell my wife i need to go fishin. Invite her along and go from there. Course maybe that's why i'm divorced and single...lol

cyas
rc
[Tongue] Or maybe , just tell her the truth ??? It works for me !!!

[signature]
You need to include the wife in fishing. Even if she just reads a book while you go. Mine knew me to fish every weekend when we met. Yea she tried to slow it down, but I bought a boat and she'll go with me now when my buddies are busy. She won't bass fish, but she'll troll or drift. It's all about meeting them half way.
[signature]
i must be the lucky one.i have to make up excuses when i DON'T go fishing.she knows fishing season is year round,always something to catch,she also know when hunting seasons start.our first date was a fishing trip.. lol.i am what i am
[signature]
I go around and around pondering an accurate answer to this comical question.

First, one must try and convence thier better half to go fishing. When those efforts have failed, now you must find good enough reasoning to justify the addictive nature of the compulsive fisherman.

My wife doesn't like fishing, though her excuse is that it's too hot. But she'll tell me she likes going some times. LOL, that never made any sense to me, but I just go with it. To me, if you like something you like it, and if you don't, you don't. There's no time of year or day of the week that makes things any different. [Tongue]

Fortunately, I have a good reason. My older son LOVES fishing as much as I do, and with a new born son, we need that time together so he doesn't feel left out. So, I have a good reason to go fishing, not an excuse.

However, before little Ethan came along, LMAO, i'd start doing things that got on her nerves, like constantly nagging her for a kiss or a hug, and being all clingy, and she'd actually tell me to go fishing or something, and leave her alone. [cool]

It's tragic though, atleast for me. I'd take my wife fishing with me every trip simply because she's such a joy to be around. But when she's stuck on a boat and starts getting hot, LOL< she gets ill. So, it's best to just leave her at the house. [Tongue]
[signature]
since I work two jobs my fishing time is limited but when I get some time off my wife understands that it is a need that I have to fish. and she lets me go some times she comes with and sometimes she stays home. but I usally don't have to make up excuses.

Joe
[signature]
Oh dont worry your day will come if you truely like fishing [cool]
[signature]
[cool]Because I work in retail building materials supply retail, my time off days are limited, so I must be creative. Back-to-back days off are precious, and care must be exercised to obtain at least one day off from spousal mandatory attention. If your spouse has at least a 70% interest in fishing, offer to take her along on the next saltwater twilight sportfishing trip when the sand bass are biting off the hook. If she has no interest in fishing at all, play the symphathy angle--i.e. I haven't been fishing since the 12th of Never. If you have done the obligatory family/spousal thing within recent memory, then play the "over-worked" spouse angle, i.e. I need to schedule at least a 3/4 day trip or I will go off the deep end.
[signature]
Make a deal, your time to fish and she gets a night or whatever she wants to do.
[signature]
i usually go with father in law or grand father in law that way she can say anything about it i find it to work for me[sly]
[signature]
LOL, I do the same thing. My fishing buddy is my father in law. [cool]
[signature]
Men, Men Men.. Mighty Men. Spit. growl and demand what you want. Dont be a woose.....
I AM THE MAN! I wear the pants and do what I want.
Fishing? I bought the $26K boat, I bought the poles and reels. I buy the bait. I m MAN! Snort, Snort. Huff, Puff..
I offered to take "her" out on my new boat. I installed a Bar B que on board. She can do the cooking of my manly kill, I said.
I gave her a pole to try. Ha! Woman.
Seems she caught a big Trout. Then ANOTHER and a aaa ANOTHER.
I heated up the Bar B Que. Got the plates and silverware ready.
Then I put on my apron so I wouldnt get the corn on the cobb, Potato salad that I was about to make, all over me. While I was doing my duties she caught more fish. Not once did my pole wiggle.
After she landed ALL of the Trout, I would remove the hook and perpare each for the grille. When I had dinner ready she washed up and sat down to the table and said "WHERES MY FRIGGIN DINNER!"
She is asking me "When are you going fishing again?"
I said, Saturday if its ok with you? She is out in the garage right now straightening out "her" tackle box......
I ll report back Sunday. after I clean up her boat...
[signature]
LOL, I wish my story were the same. I'll pay a 100 dollars a month just to get my wife interested like that. You just don't know how fortunate you are to have a woman like that![Tongue]
[signature]
[unimpressed] $100 month ???
Could you make it $150 ?
[Wink]
[signature]
LMAO! You're not trying to rent me yours are ya? LOL, I can't handle the one i've got. [Tongue]
[signature]
[center][Wink][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Tell her that you have to serve on jury duty. No cell or phone calls permitted. Since this is about a poaching case you may have to go on a couple of field trips. Also tell her that the judge is very mean. Here is his picture.[/size][/green][/font][/center] [center][/center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17139;]
[signature]
Tell her to join you[Wink]

[Image: 070706SisCsized.jpg]
[signature]