Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fathers Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is everyone doing on fathers day? I already got the pass from the wife to go fishing.
[signature]
Good for you. Nothing like enjoying your hobby on fathers day. I'm takeing my granddaughter striper fishing for the first time. Even the wifes coming, but thats on saturday. Sunday I'll just kick back. [url "http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm801BNUS"][Image: 7_3_202.gif][/url]

[url "http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb068_ZNxdm801BNUS"][Image: sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb068&pp=ZNxdm801BNUS][/url]
[signature]
yea it is going to be nice to get out and fish we just had our other daughter on the 2nd so my wife has her hands full with both girls.
[signature]
You guys are lucky to have it off. I've got to work on fathers day, how crappy is that?[Sad]
[signature]
thats not good at all. I work my m-f and relax on the weekends.
[signature]
Since I fish every day, I did something different. I went on a longer fishing trip with my fishing partner (my son).
[signature]
thats cool as soon as my 2 daugters are old enough i will take them fishing all the time.
[signature]
Hey 714, have you been to the SARL lately? If so hows the fishin'? I heard its really good for Catfish right now.
[signature]
yes been there a couple times. I went on Fathers day and didn't catch anything not even a bite. I talked to the guy there and they stock tuesdays and fridays. I went 2 weeks ago on a friday after work and got 7 the biggest was a 5 pound bull head. I heard that Hesperia Lake has the biggest cats there pulling out 25 and 30 pounders.
[signature]
Cool, I'm gonna go out there tonight. We'll see what happens, I'll let you know
[signature]
Well let me know what happens and let me know when you go out again i will meet you out there
[signature]
Well the fishin' was pretty good. I went out there with the wife and my 2 boys, I hooked up with 4 flattys pretty good size between 3 and 4 pounds I would say, my wife hooked up with 2 , and the boys caught 3 between the 2 of them. We only stayed till about 2am so I proabably could have bagged a few more, oh well it was fun. I'll proabably go in a few weeks I'll let you know. I'm gonna go try to hook up with some yellowtail this weekend!!!LOL
[signature]
i am going to make it out there next friday. My wife wants me to take her out to catch yellowtail she has never fished saltwater before so should be fun. Were did you fish at when you were at SARL
[signature]
We got there a little before 7pm and I found a spot about a football field past the bubble hole. I did'nt like it at first, but it turned out to be pretty good. I called to make reservations on the boat we like to go on but its chartered. So I might be out there again on Friday. I'll know for sure in the next few days. What spot(s) do you usually fish at SARL?
[signature]
There is 3 spots to fish from there the first that is the best spot is the 3 poles. when you drive in go straight till the road turns to dirt you go about 50 yards and it is on your left side you will see the 3 poles park there and cast straight out and you will catch them all day long. The 2nd spot is Levits corner if you go from the 3 poles it is about another 50 yards on your right you will see the big Levits sign fish that corner. then 3rd is the boat dock you can pull some cats out of there to but seen mostly small cats though. let me know about friday a buddy of mine wants to go friday to so i just have to let the wife know ahead of time it is kind of hard to get out now that i have the newborn along with my daughter
[signature]
Hey 714,
Did you make it out last Friday? I got caught up for a few days (the fuel pump went out in my wifes Suburban...what a pain in the a$$ especially with 35+ gallons in the tank!!!LOL) Anyways I'm going to head out there tonight see what kind of luck I have. I'll see if I can find a good spot this time. The 3 pole spot you were talking about you said it was to my left as I drive in...so that means its on the other smaller lake, I think they call it catfish lake right? Anyways have a good 4th, if you decide to come out I'm in a 2002 lifted white Chevy truck, take care..
[signature]
didn't get out there i am thinking about going friday. the 3 poles is past the catfish lake take the road till it turns to dirt then it is on your left side. if i go friday i will let you know thursday so check the board
[signature]