Fishing Forum

Full Version: willard wed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out to willard yesterday morning to try and get a friend from work into some wipers. Well all I can say is that was the hardest I have had to work for wipers in my life. We ended up with 4 wipers and one walleye. Two of the wipers were really good sized though. The biggest was 21" and the next biggest was 19 and a half so both were really nice sized. the other 2 were 17 and 17 and a half. I thought I saw some bft guys there but wasn't sure. I was in a 17ft cream trihull with bft stickers on the side. All of the wipers came from the same spot and I am wishing we would have stayed there all day because I think we could have had a few more fish if we did, we fished the lightpole, the southwest corner, the mouth of the south marina, the feedlot, and the north marina. The north marina was the only productive spot we found, in fact we didn't even get a nibble at the other spots although by the lightpole there were huge schooles of something big showing up on the fishfinder. I am not sure what they were. Oh well it was still a beautifull day on the water and we didn't go home skunked.
jed
[signature]
I don't like to crowd other boats so I don't get close enough to even see the BFT stickers. I have one on my boat but no one sees it. Yesterday I had my 2 way radio on and monitored all channels. I called on 7, 12 and 16 but got no answers. I guess the 2 way just isn't used on boats. I don't want to buy a marine radio. I have 7 FSR radios already. It would be nice to talk to people on the water without having to get too close to them.
[signature]
yea I would have had mine on, but I forgot it at the house. I usually try all the channels as well,but just didn't have it this time,
jed
[signature]