Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fun Fishing week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[size 2]It's been an exciting week. The peacock bass are starting to school up and chase the shad again. Some days the white Senko works, other days the silver Castmaster. Jerk baits and Tiny Torpedoes. Small streamer flys and a 5 wt fly rod are always fun. The trick is... "think small". Unlike those South American peacock bass, our Hawaii fish average 2 pounds and those huge surface lures seem to scare them. LOL[/size] [size 2][/size] [size 2]I want to do some experimenting this week with the "Ben Wong Rig". That's a water filled plastic bubble, leader, and small glitter strip. (works for papio, so the schooling Tukes should like it?)[/size] [size 2][/size] [size 2]Chris has been working the shoreline and flipping lures and live bait to patrolling peacock bass with good results. I saw 4 guys on Morgan's Point catch over 30 fish on live bait. When they left, I moved in and caught 3 before running out of bait. [/size] [size 2][/size] [size 2]What's amazing is, one day you'll catch 30 or 40 fish and the next day work really hard to catch 5 or 6 fish. Well, that's fishing. All and all, it's been a fun week.[/size] [size 2][/size] [size 2]Aloha,[/size] [size 2]Stan[/size]
[signature]