Fishing Forum

Full Version: intracostal waterway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kingsinthaSC

ok well there is a place in NC i fish the ICW alot and i was wonderin if there are stripers in there and also one day i was just messin around out there and i have a little bass reel fishing with a big peace of cut pinfish on it and i have a run and it spooled this little bass reel in about 30secs then it hit my big reel(my reel that i was goin after something big on)but anyway when he hit the big for using cutbait also i fought him for about 5mins b4 he broke off what do you guys think it is remember this is in the Intracostal Waterway(it is in a saltwater part of the ICW)

srry it was so long but thanks for any help,
Daniel
[signature]
Might have been a large sting ray, but it's hard to say.
[signature]

kingsinthaSC

it wasnt fightin like a ray
[signature]

kingsinthaSC

but do u know if there are stripers in the ICW
[signature]
I've never heard of any stripers being caught in that body of water, but stranger things have happened. There really is no telling what hit your line. There are too many fish to name that are in the local waters and that are capable of spooling a light to medium sized reel; especially in saltwater.

I don't know how many times i've lost a fish for what ever reason, in fresh and saltwater, and thought to myself, "I wonder what the hell that was!" After huffing and puffing for about 10 or 15 minutes, I come back to my senses and try to catch another just like it, minus what ever mistake I made that lost the last one. [cool]
[signature]