Fishing Forum

Full Version: Utah Lake ... Water On Fire!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all ... If you haven't yet ... You friggin need to get down to Utah Lake! It's an evening bite and the White Bass are going crazy!

We must have caught 300 plus fish in the last week! No kidding!

We were catching them just about every cast!

Just look at the Smiles on these faces!

Get Down Here!

Use The Following:
Spinners & More Spinners!
[signature]
Clif, looks like some happy young anglers. Thanks for sharing. Great to see the white bass making a come back. The higher water in many of our lakes and reservoirs is really going to help the fishing for years to come.
[signature]
[Smile][Smile][Smile]

I agree 100%. I took my boy down to the lake Saturday and we had a fish on every cast!!! The wait time between bites was probably less than 30 seconds. Good luck even though you will not need it!

Mike

I have attached photos of some of the fish we kept. Other than the cat, the white bass mainly caught by my son.
[signature]
THANX CLIFF. THEY ARE RIGHT IN THE MARINA OFF THE DOCKS?
[signature]
Yes! Everywhere!
[signature]
Wow, sounds like heaven to me. I'd love to take my kids. Where were you fishing? What lures were you using. What time of day?
[signature]
Spinners ... Lindon Boat Harbor ... After 5:00pm
[signature]
I know!!!! [pirate] I have been chasing kitties and they white bass have been harrassing us everywhere![Tongue] But on the other side its great fun for the kids !
[signature]
HOW LONG BEFORE DARK DID THE BITE SHUT OFF?
[signature]
You can catch them all night brotha!
[signature]
WOW IVE NEVER INCOUNTERED AN ALL NIGHT BITE ON WHITES? ONLY EVER CAUGHT ONE AFTER DARK AND IT WAS SOAKING A WORM. THANX MY FREIND.
[signature]
I took my boy out Saturday and we fished in the middle of the day and killed them. We fished about three miles past Lincoln Beach.[Smile]
[signature]
Were you on shore or in a boat? I need to get out again, but haven't had the time to this summer. Lincoln beach is close, so I might try there.
[signature]
Are these the same white bass that everybody has been saying were being fished out? Haven't the "harvesters" taken them all? How could there be any left? Surely there needs to be a very restrictive limit placed on white bass at Utah Lake. LOL LOL LOL[Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink]

The best thing for them is to thin them out so the survivors will grow big.

Fishrmn
You know it's funny,
You heard so many negative things coming from several mouths on this site about the White Bass. [laugh][laugh]
The fact of the matter is ... There was less water a few years ago wich sent the populations out in deeper water. The good water years are here and the populations are finding their way back in to their old haunts. If you were to take a drive out to the harbors just before dark, you would probably see the water on fire so-to-speak. No kidding, these fish haven't been hurt at all.
[signature]
That one spot at Lindon Boat Harbor that was on fire for me last week is right now in smolders. I took some young 'uns last Saturday, saw some anglers having good action but the fish were going straight to their buckets/stringers. I am waiting for the next school to move through on that hot spot. My daughter and I were there tonight, caught lots of little ones inside the harbor, went to my hot spot, caught some more little ones and a couple of 8 inchers. I am somewhat blaming the storms that have moved through for the slow fishing, but maybe the white bass is just being themselves, moving on and on around the lake.
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]I have heard that Provo Harbor is holding alot of whities also. [/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Here are the photos of white bass we decided to keep on Saturday. For every large white bass we probably caught three small ones. I also attached a photo of the cat I caught that day.

Mike
[signature]
those are nice looking whitebass mike. We will have to head out soon,
jed
[signature]