Fishing Forum

Full Version: Upper Provo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished the Provo along the mirror lake highway over the weekend. Fished in the evening, but didn't see much bug activity. Caught a few cutts and brookies on caddis and attractors, but it wasn't fishing its usual steady self. (Wasn't able to cover much water because I am on crutches and that might have had something to do with lower fish count.) Beautiful evening however.
[signature]
that is a rough section of river to navagate with cruches! hope you get off of them soon. there is also a few Grayling in that water.
[signature]
One day on the river last year I caught 5 different types of fish: brook, cutt, rainbow, brown and grayling. In addition to the scenery, its one of the things I love about the river.
[signature]
I don't know if it makes that much difference on moving water, but there was a full moon all week, and it was slow at the Lodge and Rock Creek also.
[signature]
I have fished that stretch of water with great success using a rubber legs hair's ear. Try one of them on your next trip. They also worked extremely well on the Prove where it dumps into Jordanelle at the rock cliffs.
[signature]