Fishing Forum

Full Version: East canyon Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished East Canyon again today with Afdan52, started out trolling straight out from the boat docks with squids and cripplures. a cripplure produced the first fish but the squid put the rest in the boat. where fishing 25-45ft on downriggers and going 1.5mph
[inline squid.jpg]
[signature]
Wow! It is finally fishing good.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the report Petty... Sounds like you had a fun day. Yer squids are kickin' a$$! [Smile]
[signature]
Sounds fun Jason. Glad you guys could get back up there again. Anything like the ones we used to catch?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] I had a good time with fishing with Petty at East Canyon today. We were the first ones on the water at daybreak. There was W the whole time we were out, sometimes fairly strong. Water temp was a COOL TO THE TOUCH 69 degrees , and like Petty said trolling speed was at whopping 1.5 mph. We did well on the Petty Squid, but needs more R&D.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] By the way Thanks to all of you that helped me with Fish ID problem it worked just fine. We left around 11:00am just as the Power Patrol was getting on.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Nice report guys, it's good to hear that the trout catching is finally improving, did you guys catch any 16 inch or larger fish?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] We didn't measure any of them yesterday, but I would say that some of them were at least 14-16 inches. Plump and real scrapers. But the bite turned off as fast as it started.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]