Fishing Forum

Full Version: What a great weekend!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got back this afternoon from Henry's Lake. Water temp was in the higher 50's. The lake is turning over right now so very murky and ALOT of vegies in the water, weed were high. Hot afternoons with Friday being down right windy, a breeze on Sat. and calm on Sunday.
I use P-LINE 6lb. flourocarbon on each and every fish below and either a Type II or Intermediate line. The fly choice was A modified Purple Showgirl with black foam across the back instead of marabou, a black and burnt orange softhackle,a black and orange bead head Hazbro (marabou nymph) and of course the HOT CHOCOLATE.
The brother in law got lucky coming in on friday from being blown off the lake with this bad boy.
[Image: HenrysLakeBFT6.jpg]
Reports weren't good on the fishing, but Saturday morning, headed for Staleys. Slight breeze (sweat shirt weather) I hooked into 5 fish from 18 to............
Here is some of the nice fish:
[Image: henrysLakeBFT1.jpg]
[Image: HenrysLakeBFT7.jpg]
[Image: henrysLakeBFT3.jpg]

Well, I am not sure on exact weight length or girth, but I swear he was in the 20lb range. I am 5'8" tall so you take a guess at it!.......

[Image: HenrysLakeBFT4.jpg]
[Image: HenrysLakeBft2.jpg]
[Image: HenrysLakeBFT5.jpg]
And of course, release WHAT WAS I THINKING!
[signature]
Joni,

What a fish!!!!!!
[signature]
[shocked][shocked][shocked][shocked]WOW!!!![shocked][shocked]

Now that's a fish! What a pig! Great work FG.

I think that fish is bigger than my largest Steelhead (which was a little over 15 lbs.) What can you do to top that? Not much left. That's pretty much top of the line. Great job and great report.

z~
[signature]
[black][size 5][size 3]Hi There,

I'm using Netscape and the site is a lot better but Netscape is revealing a lot of advertising stuff that doesn't list as I.E. downloads the site. Perhaps there is a lot more advertising slowing things down. Sorry to interject this here but I have been having great difficulties with this one of my favourite sites.

Joni, The pictures of your huge rainbow were definitely worth the patience required to wait for the thread to load. Well done!

What fly did it take?[/size]
[/size][/black]
[signature]
I was using type II and a tadpole (scud type hook with purple chenille and black foam across the back with a black marabou tail - size 14) and a halloween hasbro (gold bead head with black and orange marabou wrapped up the body and a gold rib) caught several on those two, however they did go more for the smaller flies. The big one however (and I have said this on numerous occassion-when in Rome, I used aHot Chocolate by Bill Schiess trailed behind a black and burnt orange Gartside Softhackle, he took the size 12 Hot Chocolate on an intermediate line with fast strip so around 5 feet deep.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Two words...FAN TASTIC.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Now you need to go to the doctor to get that grin surgically removed from your mug.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Hi, I'm Ezop's wife and new to the site. I was so thrilled to see your awesome fish pictures... Excellent job and great report! We pretty much fish at Brownlee, Idaho side half the year. Love the variety of fish and the clean facilities at Woodhead campground. Look forward to reading your post and seeing your fish pictures in the future.
Sincerely,
Poze AKA DeeDee[/size][/font]
[signature]
My brother has mention Brownlee, where exactly is it and how far from S.L.? What kind of camp ground. We want to get a few more trips out of this trailer[Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard. I am an old Idaho spud my own self. Hailed from the eastern side of the state though and haven't spent as much time as I would like over in your part of the country. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am a basser and really enjoy the smallies, crappies and such from Brownlee.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'm sure we would enjoy your reports too. I am assuming you guys tube or toon.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Those are some mighty nice fish there FG. Way to go.[cool]
[signature]
Wow....I went into my woodshop to measure myself and found me being 5'9" and guessed your fish is about 29 inches....golly that's about twenty inches more than I ever got!
How did it fight?
[signature]
Actually it was 32" to 34" (measured a mark on the boat before I let him go) and I will say trying to pick him up around a 20"+ girth. ( the stretch on my hand from middle finger to thumb being 8" straight and 9" to 10" in the curve).
[signature]
Congrats on an incredible fish! Thanks for sharing the pics.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Good morning. Thanks for the welcome. Brownlee is 2 hours from where we live in Emmett and we are about 4 hours from the Utah border. So I'm guessing, depending on where you live in Utah, 6 hours plus.
The campground is called Woodhead. Idaho Power runs it and they maintain the facilities. This is by far the cleanest I've ever experienced. The fishing hasn't been that great this year, but that hasn't stopped us from going. The scenery is to dye for too!!!
We plan on a 4 or 5 day stay at Brownlee in mid September. We're going to smoke some salmon on this trip...
I hope this info helps you. [Smile]
Sincerely,
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Thanks for the welcome. We moved here 4 years ago from the Grand Coulee area. We fished for walleye, large and smallmouth bass, and crappie 7 days a week, for 8 years... With Banks Lake and The Lake Roosevelt 7 minutes from our home, it was our passion to be out in the water or fishing off a bank! Since moving to Idaho we have to drive 2 hours to get to Brownlee, where we've found comparable fishing to the Coulee area. Too bad we have to commute so far. We don't tube fish. Although I'm sure it's a blast. I posted in this forum because it was in the Idaho section and flygoddess's catch was so awesome I had to let her know![Smile]
Sincerely,
[signature]
For some reason the last 4 pics aren't showing up for me... Did you take them off?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]No, but I posted from a photo bucket, let me try this:[/size][/black][/font]

[inline "Henry's Lake Bft2.jpg"]

[inline "Henry's Lake BFT5.jpg"]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Last years fish....notice a trend ..............That's right - I like yellow hats[cool][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[inline th_fish3.jpeg]
[signature]
Sweet fish!! watch the gills though...
[signature]
I hear what you are saying about the gills. My fingers are not in them in fact they were bent over just cradling. I hated the way I had her, but she was not out of the water very long and I waited to see if she came up for quite a while. She did take off like a bolt which was unusual for a fish that size.
Again, thank you for the heads up, and I know how that can hurt a fish
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]What I wanna know is how long did it take for YOU to recover, and to start breathing normally?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Pages: 1 2