Fishing Forum

Full Version: Is it a duck or a beaver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font "Times New Roman"]I was holidaying with friends on their dairy farm in an area called Sandy Creek in Victoria a State of Australia in a valley not far from Mel Gibson's home. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]The Owner of the Dairy suggested I try my luck fishing a small stream behind the school house on the opposite side of the road. He said he had caught a 5 pound trout there the week before.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]I wandered down the hill climbing through several barbed wire fences watching carefully for snakes until at last I was standing on the bank of a rather narrow stream bordered by knee high grass and the occasional Willow tree. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Some folk with a poetic licence might have called it a babbling brook but this is Australia after all and Sadly, I don’t think we have many of those left these days what with the repeated droughts and the onset of global warming.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]I commence fishing and after half an hour found I was having no luck but I had noticed a brown log bob to the surface several times. This soon intrigued me as with the flow of water, by now it should have drifted off down stream.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]I focused my eyes more succinctly on the log and I discovered it was looking back at me. It moved slightly and I noticed it had a bill.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]You can imagine my surprise in discovering I was honoured to be in the illustrious company of [font "Verdana"]Ornithorhynchus anatinus [/font]a Platypus. I say honoured, because very few Australians can say they have ever seen a Platypus in the wild, they are a rare species and are now generally only seen by the public in zoos.[/font] For additional information go to
[url "http://www.dpiw.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/WebPages/BHAN-53573T?open"]http://www.dpiw.tas.gov.au/...ges/BHAN-53573T?open[/url]
[signature]
How cool is that!
[signature]