Fishing Forum

Full Version: UNBELIEVABLE DAY IN THE BILOXI MARSH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[cool] Robert and his two guests from Pipe Works of Harahan La. joined me this morning for a good old fashion trout and red slam. Picked them up at Campo's and after loading the well with live shrimp I headed the Blazer Bay for the Biloxi Marsh and our first stop in a bayou near a small lagoon. The tide was very low and falling and we kicked mud in severl spots on the way in. The guys started catching immediately on the live shrimp and I went with a 2 inch Calcutta minnow under a rattling cork and it started catching also. We picked up about 25 and they shut down so we made another move and that was the last move as we finished out our limit of trout, (100) we also picked up 2 reds and a flounder. Robert and the guys had enough trout and we headed for a redfish spot I like and low and behold the trout were on again but these were the lucky ones as we released them (24) back to be caught another day. Finally a few redfish showed up and the guys caught 5 and were ready to call it a day as the 150 qt. was full and their arms were sore. Great group of guys to fish with and they brought along some good sandwiches too. ANOTHER GREAT DAY ON THE WATER.

EQUIPMENT: 24 FT. Blazer Bay, 250 4-stroke Yamaha, Marsh Master Rods, Red Dot Reels. H&H Tackle.

CAPT. HOOK
985 847 0672 H
504 512 2602 CEL

[url "http://www.escapefishingcharters.com/"]www.escapefishingcharters.com[/url]
[signature]
Sounds like you've got your stuff together this time of year. Unfortunately, that time is near passing here in SC. And what little bit of fishing is left, it's so cold you can hardly bare it. I've been waiting on a day I can sneak out to about 15 miles for some grouper action. The grouper during the warmer months are around 35+ miles out. For a few short months, they come in around 15. The problem is that it's during the winter months, and a cold NE wind can ruin your day. I'm more willing to brave the rough seas in the summer, when a little spray in the face or bouncing boat doesn't seem to deminish the moral so much. It seems that when the temp is down, a cold slap in the face from some salty spray is enough to make you want to head back to the hill, especially if the wind direction is blowing it in your face every minute or so.

Great report though partner, keep them comming.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks Tarpon4me, this is one of the best times of the year for us, hurricane Katrina was very bad but it sure made the fishing better than normal as it brought in plenty of shrimp and bait in the marshes and bays. We are fishing in the marshes around Shell Beach, La. off of Lake Borgne in an area called the Biloxi Marsh which averages about 3 ft. of water depth in the lower Eastern side of the lake. Great Fall and Winter fishing will continue until March and then the fish will move out of the marshes and into the coastal and outer bays where they will start thir spawn, which starts in May. We have a great estuary here and can fish 12 months out of the year. Thanks again for your nice comments, looking forward to posting here. If you want to see how the fishing is going in my area you can go to [url "http://www.louisianasportsman.com"]www.louisianasportsman.com[/url] and go to fishing reports......Capt. Hook[Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]