Fishing Forum

Full Version: SLOW TROUT, FAST REDFISH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[cool][cool] TEAM ESCAPE did a late morning trip with Ron And Val from B.R. and the trout action was very slow as we managed to box 30 around noon.The tide was falling hard and getting lower so we decided to look for redfish. The last redfish Val had caught was over 2 years ago and he was eager to catch some more so we started to fish a windward shoreline and the bite was on and Val was hooked up on a nice big red. He milked it for all it was worth and played the red to the fullest, in the meantime Ron casted out and "bam" he was on too, Challenger Rods were bending and Red Dot Reels were screaming as lines were crossing and they were running from one end of the Blazer Bay to the other. After netting the fish they were back in the water and hooked up again and these were brutes and after a great fight they took a photo and released them to fight again another day. We redfished a while longer and they landed 10 nice reds, keeping 7 and turning the rest loose. Val and Ron had enough reds on the halfshell so we headed for the dock to clean them up for the trip back to B.R. ANOTHER GREAT DAY ON THE WATER.
CAPT. HOOK / ESCAPE FISHING CHARTERS
985 847 0672 H
504 512 2602 CEL
[signature]
Way to go Cappy. Nice looking fish there. I sure wished that we had those on the West coast.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks tubeN2, they sure are fun to catch especially in shallow water on light tackle, maybe you'll get down to S.E. La. some time and get hooked up with one of these CAJUN BONEFISH, good luck fishing.....Capt. Hook.
[signature]
Whatcha say you and I send tubn2 some of our east coast specials in the mail for Christmas? I'll send him an atlantic spadefish and a drum if you send him a bonehead and a trout. But what can we have him send us back? LOL, one of the 50 thousand species of rock fish maybe? I'll take 2 of the larger species.
[signature]
Don't tell me you want to stink up his mail box for Christmas, if I did that I would be afraid to open mine, but hey you never know. MERRY CHRISTMAS Tarpon4me & tubn2.
[signature]
I would be glad to send you a few samples T4me. I would just watch out for the spines on some of them.[pirate] Nevermind the smell[Tongue]
[signature]
Merry Christmas right back at ya cappy. I hope you and your family have a good holiday season.[cool]
[signature]