Fishing Forum

Full Version: A Christmas greeting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Received an e-mail this morning from Trout Unlimited.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]This fly [kind of neat] was on the cover of a card which when clicked opened a Xmas greeting. Looks like this fly might work on steelheads. Any ideas?[/size][/green][/font] [center]
[font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 3][/size][/#008000][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20251;][/center]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]While working for Orvis, I got a salmon fly every year in a nice sheep skin wallet (2) and the third year I got the three year Salmon Fly pin (top left corner). The top right and bottom left are the two flies in one of the wallets. The bottom right is a fly I bought to commemorate 9/11 (I bought three of those) [/size][/blue][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][blue][size 3]Salmon flies are beautiful aren't they. And that is skill to make them along with access to the exotic feathers.[/size][/blue][/font]
[inline "salmon flies 001.jpg"]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Those are real pretty. Almost a shame to get them wet. Still I wonder if they would attract steelheads. Use to make my own SH lures when I live in WA. Caught my first steely on one of those lures. [Spinning rig] I guess just so long as one doesn't have a sign on their lure stating Salmons only it should work.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]