Fishing Forum

Full Version: EAST CANYON REPORT 1/20/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
THE ATV MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE ON THE LAKE TO DAY. GETTING AWAY FROM THE CROWDS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED. WE ICED OVER 25 FISH AND MISSED MANY MORE. HERE ARE SOME PICS OF OUR CATCH AND OUR SET UP FOR THE DAY. [Wink]
[signature]
Nice going! We kind of brought the crowd with us. Had a school "Outdoor Adventure Club" along for a day on the ice. Didn't do nearly as well as you guys did, but had some fun and taught a few simple techniques to the kids.
Congratulations on a great day!
[signature]

Thanks for the report LTI, what kind of jig and bait were you using? How many were in your group? Thanks for the info. WH2
[signature]

Nice report. Nice fish! I was at EC Saturday too. My catch of the day was somewhat smaller that day.
Looks like you had a ball!!
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
[signature]
WH2, WE WERE USING GREEN AND PINK RATFINKE WITH MILLWORMS OR WAX AND A LITTLE BIT OF SMELLY JELLY CRAWFISH SCENT. WE WERE FISHING AT 35' OF WATER. FISH WERE COMING THROUGH AT ABOUT 12'. THANK GOD FOR THE VEXILAR [Wink]
[signature]
I was at East Canyon Sat. too. I couldn't believe the number of people up there. The fish that we caught had fat bellys. When we gutted them their stomaches were full of 2-3 inch sm bass not digested yet. Anyone else experience this too?
[signature]
We have, only they weren't smallies. They were full of crappie fry. And yes, crappies have been dumped in EC too. I posted some pix of them some time back, as a part of an autopsy we did on some fat 'bows. I'll see if I can find them and post them again.
[signature]