Fishing Forum

Full Version: We went fishing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font "Arial"][red][size 3]We caught a few fish![/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font][inline DSCI0032.JPG]

[inline DSCI0034.JPG]
[signature]
Great pics, where were you fishing.[Smile]
[signature]
Sweet Rob. That mac looks like he's missing a chromosome or 2! Did you find any anchovies swimming around????[Wink]
[signature]
We did find some anchovie looking things swimming in about 37 ft of water. I could not keep them off of my kastmaster! Natalie and I caught about 50 of them using this method!
[signature]
Way to go Natalie (OK you to Rob) I wish I could haven gone up with you guys. mabey next time.
[signature]
Dangit Rob, That was the fish I was after the day before! Glad to see you didn't get wet. Did you see the place I was telling you about? At least someone knows how to get a mack, cause it sure ain't me.
Wow, that is some kind of bright jacket you have on. I could see the glow from here!!!!
[signature]
Everyone out on Bear Lake was talking about the floating slab of ice from the day before. We went over to find it and you could see the cracks, but they were completely frozen. I did skip some open water on the snowmobile coming back into grab my phone about mid day. It was about a 2 ft crack.

As for the bright orange sweatshirt, I learned last weekend at the berry that my new hunter orange sweatshirt I bought at cabelas for the elk hunt this year is as warm as my Columbia Titanium ski coat. So it is now my icefishing sweatshirt as well.
[signature]
Awesome fish.
I have a question about those fish though. The fish in FG look substantially different than BL macs. They don't look quite as healthy. They have larger heads, fins, and tails, evidence of older fish and they aren't as heavy.

What are the differences? Are they different strains? I have only caught a few macs in my life and they were in Idaho at a reservoir that had an fishing derby over the weekend.
[signature]
I'm just guessing here, but I would think it is due to the food available. For several years now the DWR has been encouraging people to take all of the smaller lake trout they catch on Flaming Gorge because there are too many fish and not enough forage. They have said this is stunting their growth, and would most likely be the cause of what you are describing. Now I just need to find my way up there and catch my share of them.....if only I knew how to target them. Sad
[signature]
That is a great looking fish. Nice going.
[signature]
I knew I should of went with you on Sunday.

You did a good Job on catching that fish.
[signature]
Didya bring the dog? Let her run around with one of those.

[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 3][/size][/red][/font] [inline DSCI0029.JPG]
[font "Arial"][red][size 3]She was on the prowl, but I would not let her have these fish. Maybe a cisco though![/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
we need to hookup and take are dogs fishing togeather rob.
[signature]