Fishing Forum

Full Version: WEATHER FINALLY COOPERATES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Wink][Wink] Got a call from Fred yesterday, he and his friend Sonny wanted to take advantage of the good weather predicted for today as they had to cancel last Mondays' trip due to the weather. It was a good call because it was a beautiful day and the sunrise over the marsh this morning was spectacular. They met me at Campo's launch ready to put a hurting on the trout and they weren't disappointed, but they had to do some serious fishing to catch-um. Drift fishing some small bays in 6 to 10 ft. of water titelining using an ever so slow retrieve they boated over 150 trout to get their 50 trout limit. The bright Sun and warming water had the little guys out in force and the guys had a blast catching. Anything chartruse on a 3/8 oz. jig head was the bait of the day as long as you worked it ever so "slowww". It was a great day for "TEAM ESCAPE" and the guys will be heading out with me in a couple of weeks, weather permitting, and no doubt Fred and Sonny will be filling the box again. "ANOTHER GREAT DAY IN THE BLAZER BAY".

GIVE US A CALL AND GET IN ON SOME GREAT WINTER ACTION.

CAPT. HOOK / TEAM ESCAPE
985 847 0672 H
504 512 2602 CEL

[url "http://www.escapefishingcharters.com"]www.escapefishingcharters.com[/url]
[signature]
Nice Job Skipper. Way to go on gitting er done. Sometimes it is fun to stay and play with the smaller fish that just come to learn what schools are all about.

Thanks for the nice report.
Tight Lines
[signature]
Catching is always better and this is one activity where size doesn't matter.
[signature]
Is there a minimum size or slot limit on the Trout over there or is it pretty much anything goes?? Just curious.

Over here in Cali we have way too many restrictions. Some for the good and others are just so that the Fish and Game guys can have something to do.

I'm sure that you would run into some major confusion on the West Coast. Size limits, seasons, fluctuation depth restrictions and even zones that are off limits.

It really keeps you on your toes especially when passengers on the boat are clueless as to what we are fishing for and why.[cool]
[signature]
We have size limits on practically all of our fish. We also have areas that are off limits also. On the fish we target, trout and reds the size limits are, trout 12 inch minimum and a possession limit of 25 per person, the redfish have a 16 inch minimum with a possession limit of 5 per person under 27 inches with 1 over 27 inches allowed in that limit. All of our fish have either size or possession limits or both. The reason the restrictions were put in place was because of the commercial fishing gillnets which were stopped about 12 years ago. They were desimating the trout and redfish stocks and finally a gillnet ban was voted in by the La. state legistature. Since then size and amounts of fish have increased. We are truly blessed with the esturary we have here. We caught plenty of fish the other day just short of 12 ins. ang put them back but they were biting every cast and the guys hated to leave so we stayed in them until their arms were tired.
[signature]
We also have tons of diffrerent size limits. You mix that with the quantity limits,seasonal regulation and all the other factors and that tends to discourage many of the anglers from going out any more.

Those guidlines do benefit us though. At least us regulars can stay on our toes and now what to switch to as our target species.

I'm glad to hear that the fishing is doing so well in LA. I happen to be in the other LA as in Los Angeles.

Someday when you are able to get out here, I'll be glad to show you around my stomping grounds.

Tight lines[cool]
[signature]