Fishing Forum

Full Version: 2006 drawing odds help hunters applying this year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The odds of drawing a Utah big game permit in 2006 are now available in a Division of Wildlife Resources report.

"Drawing odds usually don't change drastically from year to year, so I think hunters who are applying for a Utah big game permit for 2007 will be very interested in seeing the report," says Judi Tutorow, wildlife licensing coordinator for the DWR. "And the best part is, it doesn't cost anything to view it."
Hunters who have access to the Internet can view and download the 2006 Big Game Odds Report for free by visiting the DWR's Web site at [url "http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/hunting/index.php#drawstat"]wildlife.utah.gov[/url].

The publication is available by visiting the Hunting section of the home page and clicking on Big Game. After arriving at the Big Game section, scroll down to Big Game Statistics and click on 2006 bucks, bulls and once-in-a-lifetime bonus point & draw statistics. That selection will take you to the 2006 Big Game Odds Report.

The report also can be viewed at DWR offices in Ogden, Salt Lake City, Springville, Vernal, Price and Cedar City. If you'd like to purchase a copy of the report, they're available at each office for $17.34, plus sales tax.

Hunters are reminded that applications for 2007 Utah big game hunting permits must be received no later than Feb. 16 to be included in the draw for permits. Mail-in applications must be received no later than 5 p.m., and applications submitted through the DWR's Web site must be received no later than 11 p.m. that day.

For more information, call the Utah Wildlife Administrative Services office at 1-800-221-0659, the nearest Division of Wildlife Resources office or the DWR's Salt Lake City office at (801) 538-4700.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing this info fishhound. I know that it gets discouraging to think about what the odds are to draw a tag. But its reality.

You just have to keep applying and hopeing!
[signature]
[black][size 3]Yeah, that is the reality of the situation now a days(it's a supply and demand thing). [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I hate to be the bearer of the bad news(don't shoot, I'm just the messenger), but, as bad as the odds may appear, it could be a lot worse than it is.[/size][/black]
[signature]