Fishing Forum

Full Version: Anyone own a Remington 597 .22 caliber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it a good gun or bad.I know they dont have the good accessories lie the 10/22 Ruger just want to know if you have one and if it fires reliably.
thaks FNF
[cool]
[signature]
is this the pump model?
[signature]
No its there new semi-auto,I'm looking at the .22 long rifle,they have different classes in this model,I'm going to get the 597,with the sinthetic stock.the cheapest one.it looks good but I have heard alot of different oppions on it,just wanted to see if any BFT guys had one and how they liked it.
[signature]
I dont know anything about that model. However I have learned that with Semi autos that if you shoot cheap ammo in them, mainly the cheap stuff that has wax on them, they will gum up the action really fast. Make sure that you shoot quality ammo such as stingers etc. Will make a big diffrence.
[signature]
yes,I agree,I always shot CCI Mini-Mags,They shoot very clean and have not had much trouble with them.
I have two semi-auto,marlins.
looking for one for myself,they are my sons that they got for there 12yr birthdays from grandapa.
[signature]
You'll want to check out [url "http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/"]Rimfirecentral[/url], and do a search there. You will get a ton of great info about most rimfire rifles.
[signature]
Thanks for all the response,that is a great site,thanks for the info.I have dtermined I know nothing about guns afetr looking at that site and I have been hunting for awhile,lol.
Thanks again.
[signature]
My dad has one of them. He likes it more than his Marlin 10/22! I've shot it and like it too. Both guns are nice. His is also the synthetic stock.
[signature]
thanks,is it scoped?
[signature]