Fishing Forum

Full Version: (weber)browns have the place to themselves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
since all the rainbows are off spawning we were imitating rainbow eggs and dragging various flies. But the browns were taking the eggs, I got one on the hares ear. My brother happened to land a fatty though. I'll let you see for youself.
[signature]
No waders!!! Man you are tougher than me. Nice fish.
[signature]
tuff nothing we couldn't even walk that night barely made the hike back to the car. well worth it though
[signature]
Water looks beautiful. Nice pic. I know your bro,he used to come into my shop all the time. fished with him a couple times. that boy knows how to catch fish!!
He used to have a fly he called "Heather fly" does he still use it. Neet pattern.

Welcome to the board!! hope to here more of your adventures.
[signature]
Have you noticed stones on the river as of late? I was up there a couple weeks and turned some rocks and found several.
[signature]
Welcome to the board greenguy! the weber has a good stone life in it. for the most part they are golden stones which are a couple months away from hatching. No doubts you will find their nymphs through out the river when screening. there is also a micro black stone that should be showing up very soon. it is 3/4", most people don't even notice this hatch when it happens. there is also a black caddis hatch that comes off early spring about the same time. Both before the huge sedge hatch.
[signature]
Thanks of the info. I'm excited to fish the goldens.
[signature]
Usually hatch in June-same time as The PMD hatch. But now you can Nymph size12-8 Golden stone Nymphs and they will just get better and better for the next couple months.
[signature]
Where is the general area you go to fish the weber i havent fished it much and i was wanting to know a good place to try.
[signature]
Hennifer if the water is clear. Round valley golf coarse if clear. Wanship if the first 2 are not acceptable.
[signature]
I have done really well in those areas as well. Especially the golf course area. Last year I had about a (estimating) 25" brown break me off their... GRR! [Sad]
[signature]
do you do alot of nyphing on those stretches of river
[signature]
Most of the time. unless there is a good hatch and fish are rising.
[signature]