Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jordanelle 4-6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went up to the nelle with my bro, dad, and my boy. Really nice weather. Not too many boats on the water for an Easter weekend.
We started fishing around 10:30 right out of the marina. After catching a couple of fish, we decided to go to the east side of the channel. After an hour or so of drowning worms behind popgear (only one fish caught) we decided to head back to the marina area. And just as I thought, we should have just trolled that area the whole time. We landed a bunch of fish in that last hour of fishing and even had 3 fish on at one point.
Good times all around. My son was excited about his fish and even more excited when he got to "drive" the boat.
Water temp was around 46 degrees. The fish didn't seem to have a preference on the popgear. We had nickle, copper/nickle, and gold out and all landed fish. One to 1.5 colors of line was the ticket for us. The fish were all over between 5-14 feet below the surface.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Dwight, sounds like a fun day on the lake. How fast were you trolling? WH2
[signature]
great day on the water.Do you have any pictures? And good that you took your lil boy. and dad Good times all around.
[signature]
I also was there Saturday with the wife - launched about 8:30 and fished until 12:30. This was the "get-the-cobwebs" off voyage and glad we went to the local lake instead of the Gorge because I couldn't get the little trolling motor to crank - figured it out after I was home - it helps to hook up "ALL" the wires on the battery.

So with big motor trolling and dragging three lines we found a nice piece of shore line about 500 yds long and caught 12 to 15 nice trout 13"-16" on various spoons, crankbaits, and flatfish. We lost at least as many as we caught. The key seemed to be using snap-on 2 ounce weights and just go back and forth and beat the fish in the head.

We had a great day and all fish were released to swim again. Before we left I went to the far north end and got zippo using the same baits. So just like real estate - location, location, location...
[signature]
The fishfinder we use doesn't have the bells and whistles that tell us how fast we are going, so I can't help you out with the trolling speed. I also forgot my camera, so no pics to post either. Sorry, maybe next time.
[signature]