Fishing Forum

Full Version: ut lake/ big ol catfish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Smile] hit the lake at 8:00 pm and didnt get a bite until 11:00 {exept for a cupple of muddys} and then bam a nice 2lb channel. first one on my new pole . then nothing for two hourse so i moved to my secret spot. i casted the first pole out and was rigging my outher one when BAM a big one on on the new pole witch is an uglystick 7ft rod with a shakespeare reel with 5 ballbearings what a fight that was i love this combo . its perfect for the big kokes at the gorge. any way it took about 20 mins to land a 14lber. i took a couple of pics and let it go. would post pics but it wasent a digital camera just one i bought from the store, and had to wake the soon to be wife up to take the pic. so after that i started fishing again and at about 1:00 my catfish pole got slammed.{ its a mudville pole and reel made by south bend 7ft heavey action with 2olb berkely] it dragged about a foot before i could grab it and then the unbelivable happend it started bending in half. oh my i thought to my self while i reeled the outher pole in to get it out of the way. this is a biggen. the fight was on with a big heavy action pole bending to the watter, so i losend up the drag remembering the big ones the times i tried to play a cat this big before with the same pole. she poled i let her pole back . this fight continued for 45minutes then i got to see her a big swirl with a tail that was 10" wide oh boy im going to get her!! she took off again, i here the drag a singing[ the best sound to man kind] so i let her have at it again. finaly i wore her out enough to land her. and she was a brut about 20lbs and iwould guess a 24: girth. i ran to the blazer and woke up the soon to be wife, again to take some pics. i took about ten pics and was walking back down to the lake when a guy in a white van that i talked too earlyer [landed a 9lber last night] stopped to see my biggen.he said he fishes at least twice a week down there and has never seen one that big. after that i went back down to the water and revived her and let her go. stayed two more houres without a bite. but he came back and i told him about the site i hope he joins, because i sure love this place i call home.BF6.
[signature]
Those are a couple off hawgs! Congrats! Any way you could scan those pics when the get developed? Would love to see 'em. [Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great report. Looks like the annual big fish parade is under way. I keep trying to tell folks that this is the best time of year to hook the really big ones.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you got to rassle with a couple of them. Good work.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hurry up and get those pictures developed. We would love to see them...and have them in our new Trophy room.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey bigfish6,[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Good report, glad you had a good time.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]If you have problems getting those pictures on the site, let me know by PM or whatever, and we'll see what we can do. [black]I have a scanner, software, etc.[/black][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I'm sure we can come up with solution for posting them.[/size]
[signature]
Dang man, those are a couple of whales! Can't wait to see the pics when you get them developed.
[signature]
Bigfish,

That guy you talked to.... did he have a big rod tube on top of his white van? If so, I ran into him at Provo boat harbor on Thursday night. He had a real nice cat about 5-6 lbs at least that he caught right from the parking area there. We walked well beyond him and caught the striped kitty!

Can't wait to see your pics of this brute!
[signature]
i didnt see a rod tube on his van but he did have a big mean black dog. and i will get those pics developed tomorrow so if anyone that lives in sandy or close to sandy can help me get them on here i'll 'drive to your house just let me know.
[signature]