Fishing Forum

Full Version: What is your favorite SC species of fish to target?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are your favorite species of fish to catch along the coast? There are quite a few that can be targeting along the beach and closer inshore, as well as the big boys offshore like Wahoo, Marlin, and Amberjack. What is your favorite? You can choose multiple species, as I don't know an angler that just likes fishing for one.

Why are they your favorites?
[signature]
I have to say, I love to target many species of fish, from the small spots during thier fall run to Wahoo in the Gulf Stream. Inshore, I think my very favorites are Sharks, spadefish, and spanish mackerel. They are easy to target and extremely hard fighters; especially spadefish.

I like to target fish that I don't have to do alot of moving around to catch. The ol' back gets tired of moving up the anchor to stay on the structure for Sheephead, but there are still really fun to catch. I do like trolling, but with gas going up and the boredom of a slow day, i'd rather anchor off and catch smaller fish than nothing. [cool]
[signature]
i am addicted to sheepshead fishing or should i say attempted sheepshead fishing. having no boat, i usually anchor down on the mbsp or go to huntington beach state park and take the 20 minute walk to the jetties. i have a couple of friends who own boats and we sometimes share expenses and get out on the water. don't know about this year with gas prices continuing to climb.
[signature]
You know, i'd think that as many people like fishing off the jetties, they'd go ahead a put a road w/ a parking lot to them. That walk gets old after a while. I know I use to walk to them all the time, but give me a break. If you don't have a beach cart, it really makes for a long trip.

As for gas prices, that does make it hard. But, luckily, my boats get good gas mileage and I can pull my boat to the beach and back with only a half tank of gas. A trip usually costs me around 50 bucks, that's bait and all. So, it's really not too bad, even with gas prices up. Even if it hits 3 dollars a gallon, it won't stop me. My passion for fishing far outways the costs of my trade. [cool]
[signature]