Fishing Forum

Full Version: Top Water Lures While In A Float Tube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I have not float tube fished....yet. I am not sure if you can use top water lures while in a float tube. I know from a boat or on shore it's possible.

The type of top water lure I'm talking about are Zara Spook styles, walking the dog. Is this possible to do in float tube?
[signature]
If you can do it from a boat or land, you can do it from a tube. Try sitting in a chair on shore. That is close to what it will be like in a tube.[cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]LMAO!!!!![/size][/black]
[size 3]But trying to keep my mind clear. I refuse to comment at the risk of being kicked off the forum. lol[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
HEAY!.....watch your mouth![blush]
[signature]
YES YOU CAN. I ALSO FISH FOR BASS FROM BOTH A BOAT AND THE TUBE AND JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING I DO FROM THE BOAT I CAN ALSO DO ON THE TUBE, SO YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM.

AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I know what your question is. The classic "walking the dog" with a spook involves pointing the rod down while you retrieve. Tougher to do from a tube, but easier from the higher seating in a toon. But, you can do it. Just takes a bit of a different action. You need to play with it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]On the other hand, you can throw poppers, propeller baits, spinner baits, buzzbaits and all that other stuff just fine. In fact, since you can sneak in closer...up close and personal...you can make shorter and more accurate casts and be more in tune with what is going on at the other end of your line.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of the really great advantages of tubing is when you want to do some pitching up under docks or overhanging bushes. Now, there is case where tubing is made for the occasion.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
You will adapt just fine. The bigges thing that you will have to get used to while Bassin it, is sight fishing. Most of the time you can see your fish and they wont even spook. They see you as part of their environment.[cool]

I would like to see your first Tubed bass on the Bass board as well. We are growing a collection there.[Smile]
[signature]