Fishing Forum

Full Version: Everyone welcome our new mod!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scubadoc is going to help us out on this board and this man seems to be loaded with knowledge on carp! Im very excited and honored to have such a well seasoned carp expert come abored and show us all a thing or two on here. Congrats on joining the rank of a moderator and I cant wait to get this board to be the hottest thing on BFT!

Matt
[signature]
Thanks Budy,,,
Much appreciated, and very kind words,,,,,,
Fishing for CARP, is soooo mis understood.....
1) they are the #1 Sportfish in Europe
2) They are virtually in every Lake & pond
3) The can grow to be massive fish (40-60 pounds here in the U.S.)
4) they are really the future of introductory fishing

I hope tons of people get excited about this,,,,Holding a CARP CLINIC in Arkansas on June 23rd, along with the Arkansas Game & fish Commission,,,everyone is welcome,,,,,,,

Think Carp are un-appreciated????well read the following article by the Founder of B.A.S.S. ( Ray Scott)

[url "http://www.rayscott.net/news/rsol/10.html"]http://www.rayscott.net/news/rsol/10.html[/url]
[signature]
I wished I could make it out to arkansas for your clinic. My best carp so far was 35 pounds in a small neighborhood pond but I'd love to learn how to get one of those monster 50 pound + and I'm sure you could tell me how. Again its a privilege to have you on the board.

Matt
[signature]
Welcome to BFT as a new mod scubadoc, looking forward to reading more.
[signature]
Congrats on the modship.. I'm looking forward to spending some time in here looking for Gar which I just discovered are in a nearby like in rather large numbers for Gar..
[signature]
Thanks guys,,,here to serve !!![Wink]

GAR, Great Roughfish,,,,,,
Bait.....

10-14 inches of 1 inch rope with the last 4-5 inches unraveled,,,,floating nylon is what I like in a YELLOW, or TAN,,,,,,
old snaggletooth will connect and then your got some fun on your hands....

make sure they take it well, ( you'll know) they are pretty finicky[shocked]

Careful of the teeth,,,they do realy hurt, and possibility of infection is great !

Recipie for CARP Dough Bait:
Ingredients:
Corn Meal
Flour
Honey
Anise seed
Water
MEthod

1) put 1 cup of water in a saucepan ( 2 Quart pan) with 4-5 teaspoons of anise seed and bring to a rolling boil..
2) turn heat on LOW, the add 4-5 tablespoons of honey and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3) remove from flame
4) add 1 cup of flour and work it in well into the mixture
5) then add 1 cup of yellow Corn meal, and knead this in to the mixture ( it seems like it will NEVER get worked in, but fear not,,,it does)
after kneading, work into a convenient shape, roll in tin foil and regrigerate.....
take out of fridge at least 1 hour before using,,,,, when you go to the bank bring a baggie of Corn meal with you...if the bait should soften ( rarely happens) work the corn meal in,,,, (if the bait should harden use a little lake water)

Dynamite stuff !!!!! post a picture of your capture !![shocked]

[signature]