Fishing Forum

Full Version: Catfish on a fly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I fished Midas this morning. Fishing was pretty good. I caught around 25 small planter bows, one albino, one respectable bluegill, and a 16" channel catfish. All were caught on fly and bubble. This is the first time I have ever caught a catfish on a fly. I fished from about 8:30 to 11:00.
[signature]
Nice day on the water. A catfish on the fly, what kind of fly ?
[signature]
What kind of fly catches a cat? Probably a deer hair mouse. [cool]
[signature]
Catfish will eat anything. We catch them all the time on crank baits. Sounds like a very productive day Neldon.
[signature]
It's a secret fly that I designed and tied myself. But it does resemble a small minnow or a nymph.
[signature]
For me, a good old Haresear Nymph on a full sink fly line. And Carp on a Haresear, Prince Nymph, and Pheasant tail.
[inline "JoniCatfish 500.jpg"]
[signature]
nkunz, I catch em on streamers at willard all the the time. Dont catch any big ones though.
[signature]
We were fishing at Willard a few weeks ago, not catching a thing. We headed in after 5 hours or so of smelling skunk. There at the ramp was a guy we knew in a float tube, with two wipers. We ask how he caught them and he said he was slowly trolling a fly in the channel and he had only been there an hour. Sound like I need to get some of those streamers, do you have a picture of one? By the way welcome to the site. WH2
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]
Ive caught a few bass fishing, but I bet it was a blast with all that rolling they do on a flyrod!
[signature]