Fishing Forum

Full Version: Busted up a few in the rain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went flyfishing today on some private ponds and hooked some nice bass and bluegill.....nothing huge but fun!
[signature]
OK those pic links dont work.......what am i doing wrong?
[signature]
I have that same problem from time to time. I tell you how I started posting pictures and I haven't had a problem since. Go the the photo gallery and upload your pictures there.

[Image: iphoto.gif] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][#333366][size 1][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/"] Photo Gallery[/url][/size][/#333366][/font]

Once you've uploaded your pictures there, all you have to do is right click on the thumbnail, copy it, and then paste it on your post. It's soooooooooooo much easier than loading it on the post itself. Then, when someone wants to see a big picture, they just click on the thumbnail on your post. It'll look like the pictures I posted on my Sunday fishing report. Small pic's, but you can click on them to get a bigger picture. Plus, those small thumbnails load alot quicker. That's good for us with dial up. [Wink]

As for the fishing, that sounds great! I didn't get a chance to hit the water this weekend, but i'm hoping for a chance this comming weekend.

Where the fish biting on topwater or were they down a little bit? What colors or style flies were you using? Also, i'll be flyfishing this year, do you have any tips for beginers when fishing small ponds or around structure with a flyrod?
[signature]
I caught most of my fish on orange topwater poppers. It was raining so it kinda suprised me that the fish noticed the topwater poppers. Its been kinda strange fishing so far this spring. Almost all the fish Ive caught have been hanging off the banks about 15+ feet. Normally the Bass are right on the banks...like your popper/streamer needs to be within a foot of the banks. I caught a few on Clouser minnow patterns and decievers. Im going to tie up some monster popper patterns soon and give them a try!! Im ready for some 5+ pounders!!
[signature]