Fishing Forum

Full Version: Tale of a Beast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You flyfishers might enjoy my most recent flyrod [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Float_Tube_Fishing_C66/Float_Tubing_General_F81/Tale_of_a_Beast_P337297/"]carping adventure[/url].

zonker
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 5]WOW![shocked][shocked][shocked][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there zonker and thank you for sharing your great adventure with the fly board folks. 28 lbs of anything will certainly test the skills of most fly fisher people no less getting it to shore on 8lb test. Congratulations.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Nice job Uncle Z. 28lbs of anything on the end of a flyline is something to respect. Are you anxious to try that one again in the Tube now???[cool]
[signature]
I'd love to hook a fish like that from the tube, though I have no idea how I might land it unless perhaps I "Glocked" it to sleep.

I've pretty well decided that the carp are too spooky for the tube. I tried very hard several times but found that I was so low to the water that by the time I spotted the fish they already had me figured out. Bait fishing where you just chuck it out and wait might work, but definitely not sight fishing with a fly rod.

z~
[signature]