Fishing Forum

Full Version: New to area!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there everyone! Just wanted to give a quick hello. I just moved to this area a few months ago from Nebraska and have already flown back 3 times for 2 walleye tournaments and 1 crappie tournament. I live in Arlington and am looking for some help on where a guy could go that is close and does not need a boat. Even better would be someone who is looking for company on a trip. My favorite fishing if for walleye and crappie, but also love bass and catfishing. Pretty much all fishing, haha. I hope to get out to the bay for some fishing here soon, but we'll see what happens.

Hope to hear back from some of ya and good luck fishing!

Obee
[signature]
Welcome aboard. You may want to address this question on the VA board. There may be some anglers out there to help you with your fishing companionship.

We also have a Bass board here if you would like to share any of your Bass pics with the rest of us.[cool]
[signature]
If you can find some bank with cover on the tidal Potomac around Alexandria, there is good largemouth fishing. Catfishing is great here, too, use clam snouts (readily available at bait shops) for bait.
If you end up with a boat, be extremely careful, the Potomac can be four feet deep where you are and six inches deep two feet to the side of you. There are a lot of sunken barges in the area, some barely under the surface. A boat is the way to go, though, the largemouth fishing can be excellent, especially around Mattawoman Creek, south of DC on the Maryland side, near Indian Head.
If I still lived near there, I'd be glad to take you fishing, but I recently moved to Georgia.
By the way, the two largemouth I'm holding in my avatar were caught on the tidal Potomac.
[signature]
Nice Bass and welcome to BigFishTackle. Don't forget to post your Bass on the Bass forum too. We like all kind of pictures to look at.[cool]
[signature]