Fishing Forum

Full Version: thought for the day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[#008000][cool]Unlike other creatures fish are not nurtured by one or both parents. The mother bear cares for her cub for around two to three years. They copy her very moves. In the wolf pack male & females will tend to the young. Once the eggs are fertilized the fry on their own. So I would think that many of their traits are inherent. Like when the shadow of a bird crosses their path they will move for cover. Who taught them to do that? Schooling is a form of mass protection. How come some fish can be caught numerous times? One would think after two hook ups they would have learned their lesson. They don’t have the ability to think or reason out why things happen.
[font "Perpetua"][black][size 3]What do you think?[/size][/black][/font]
[/#008000]

[signature]
[signature]
hmm quite a thought there dry.. hmm actually to be honest i think fish hit the hook/bait more then once because alot of times depending really on the time of day/ time of year the fish are really hungry and will hit anything just to eat.. and ive never really had too many fish get my hook twice usually they r hurtin a bit.. so thats a godo question man.. but like i say they might just be so hungry they dont care theyll try anything to eat... thats the only thing i can think of... hope this helps ya in a way haha
[signature]
[reply]
[#008000][cool]Unlike other creatures fish are not nurtured by one or both parents. The mother bear cares for her cub[strike] for around two to three years. They copy her very moves. In the wolf pack male & females will tend to the young. Once the eggs are fertilized the fry on their own. So I would think that many of their traits are inherent. Like when the shadow of a bird crosses their path they will move for cover. Who taught them to do that? Schooling is a form of mass protection. How come some fish can be caught numerous times? One would think after two hook ups they would have learned their lesson. They don’t have the ability to think or reason out why things happen.
[font "Perpetua"][black][size 3]What do you think?[/size][/black][/font]
[/#008000][/strike] [/reply]
I think that the line through the text makes it tough to read [Tongue]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][Sad]Yea I know. I couldn't do anything about it once it was posted. The lines will appear mysteriously at times.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Some fish are smart and some are stupid.

I have caught the same Bass 12 different times. I have had other Bass that hit a new color of plastic worm 1 time and will not touch the same color again.

Once that I have changed color, I can catch the same Bass again. It is not coincidence either. That same Bass will not hit the new color again. I will use 12 different colors and catch the same Bass once on each color.

[cool]
[signature]
I just think the learning curve on fish is so flat, it takes seeing 10,000 brothers and sisters getting eaten before they realize that, hey I am whats on the menu today when they see something big move over top. [shocked]

as for getting hooked multipal times, well I have been poked several times by little fish so there is no learning curve here, food pokes..... If a fish didnt eat poky fish they would starve...

just a thought...

Is there any reasoning here? lets look at the tWinky, well put a tWinky on the counter and see how long you can go with out eating it. tomarow put 5 tWinkies on the counter and see how many you dont eat..... even there is no value in eating it, you will find your self picking them up one by one till they are gone... it taist so sweet that we are willing to put up with the soy bean additive put in it. [sly]

Much like a blue gill, they are so sweet, if you put a platter on the table you can expect it to be emptied before you pick it up.... but there is value here... Blue Gills is sweet meat..... to bad I have to eat 10,000 of them before I realized I have eatten to much....[laugh]
[signature]
Well, some fish learn and some don't I think. The bigger they are, and the more times they've been caught, the more they learn. Its easier to catch smaller younger fish, then bigger older ones. Also, fish on water with lots of fishing pressure, and its harder to come by fish, go to a remote lake that rarely sees a rod, and you'll have a hard time keeping fish off the hook.
[signature]
cant argue with the big fish therie, I fished a small farm pond for 15 years trying to catch a bass that was the grand dad of all the bass in the pond.

he was a wopper, farmer kelsy caught put the bass in there after the road developers came in and dug sand for construction.

after just a couple years he had become a monster, and no one could catch him, he wouldnt hit nothin any one offered.

in the 15 years of attempts I only had hold of him once. he broke my solid fiberglass rod to my zebco 202. He finaly died of old age. I was there when he came to shore, he was every bit 30 inches long. may have been a world record if only some one had caught him and he wasnt living on a farm pond.....
[signature]
Big fish don't get big by being dumb[Tongue]
[signature]
HAHAHAHA [laugh]
[signature]
that blows my jethro bodeen therie all to hadies...

nout nout thimes nout = nadda[Tongue]
[signature]