Fishing Forum

Full Version: Utah Fishing Stocking Report updated again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well,

The fish stocking report is updated as of this weekend. Looks like one thing to note for those of you who want to see more Rainbows in Strawberry, over the past month they have been stocking thousands and thousands of 6 inch rainbows there.

Find the full report at:

[url "http://www.utahfishinginfo.com/dwr/fishstockingreport.php"]http://www.utahfishinginfo.com/dwr/fishstockingreport.php[/url]

Enjoy!!

Kevin
[signature]
Those 6" should keep the cutts very well fed for a while.[Tongue]
[signature]
Looks like a trout lovers menu to me Smile Good thing your warm water species seem to reproduce pretty good on their own...Or you would all be buying fly rods and mesh nets.
[signature]
I have to wonder about the accuracy of said reports since I personally witnessed rainbow trout being stocked into the Gorge in late May at both Lucerne and Antelope Flat. I was 10 feet from the truck as they were being dumped, saw them swimming in the lake from 3 feet away, and yet no report of that in the current report. ????

Last year, it was also reported on the Utah stocking report that cutthroats were stocked into the Gorge, yet nobody in person confirmed that from either state.
[signature]
Was there any stocking of yuba? I didnt see any report of it. [unimpressed]
[signature]
It is quite possible that there are errors. The information is only as good and accurate as the field agents that report it. This information represents all the data collected by the central dwr office from field agents. These agents are supposed to enter into a database the details of each stocking that they perform. If they put the wrong code for something, or forget to report a stocking, that info. will be missing or inaccurate in the report.

Hopefully it is as accurate as possible.
[signature]
A few years back while taking my nephew for a tour of the new hatchery in Kamas. I asked the dwr officer why they didnt plant the rivers like they used to. His reply was whirling disease closed hatcherys were limiting them some. But also that the central office would call them and tell them what and how many pounds to plant.
[signature]
A good portion of the fish stocked into the Gorge, come from Jones Hole National Fish Hatchery. Jones Hole stocked catchable rainbows in May and some larger, 3-4 inch kokes in early June of 2007. This record doesn't indicate fish stocked from the federal system. At least not yet.
[signature]