Fishing Forum

Full Version: Landscaping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have any recommendations for a landscaper in the Ogden area?
[signature]
I have a friend that can maybe do some earth work for ya with his tractor?? leveling, clearing, rocks, and such. Otherwise, put the time in and do it yourself, back breaking but very rewarding knowing that it was done with your own imagination and sweat!

If you have yet to install sprinklers I can look up another friend that used to have a pipe puller for the poly lines rather than the pvc/trench approach.

I will even come over and look at your plan if you buy me beer!
[signature]
I will come over and help you if you buy the beer. That could cost as much as the sprinkler supplies do He he
[signature]
You're on! All the barley pops you fellas can drink. I've started removing the smaller rocks and hopefully ready for h2o within a few weeks. Do you guys know the procedure for hooking into secondary? Also, I've heard from others that it's best to filter the secondary, especially being pineview.
[signature]
Better check with the city on the secondary hookup some cities get real touchy about it. The filter wouldn't be a bad idea. It keeps you from having plugged up spray heads. If you can can find someone who can level up your yard and place rocks it will make it so you can do the rest when you get a chance. The only problem is most lanscapers are booked up solid this time of year. gshorthair
[signature]
I know Ogden has some rules about the type of valve you can use to hook into secondary. I give the public works dept. a call!
[signature]
Give me a holler if you need some help, I put in a system today. I'm no expert at all but I know how to work a shovel. Secondary systems depend on the city, some have pretty strict regulations on backflow preventers. So. Jordan implemented a plan that you have to have your BF preventer certified every year. A money making scam if you ask me.
[signature]
Not sure what your city requires but here is my setup. The secondary water comes in from a shut off in the street. then it tees to me and my neighbor. There is a 1 inch line and at the end is a valve. I tied into that and went into a pressure reducer and then a filter. All of my pipe is poly except for this part and a little pvc at the manifolds that have my zone valves on them.

OK...that will be a 12 pack!!! Any more questions??
[signature]
12 pack? Of what, Near beer?[Tongue]
[signature]