Fishing Forum

Full Version: Text Message Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pardon my ignorance but I was wondering if there is a way to know what my teenage daughter has been texting and receiving.The bill shows the phone numbers, time, etc. but not the body of the text.Would Quest have this info.It seems that would be a lot of info to save.Thanks, Steve
[signature]
[#008080][size 3]I asked that question a while back with Verizon. They told me it would take a court subpoena. They also gave the # to me but not the text.[/size][/#008080]
[signature]
Get the phone and look in both the sent and the recieved text folders. You won't be able to go back very far but at least you'll know what's been recently sent and received.
[signature]
Yes you can look on the phone to see recent mssg. sent. If you know the lock code for it, usually the last 4 of the phone number, you can access the security settings and some phones will have a longer history there....i think there may be a way to do it off the internet as well through the logon used to upload images and video and stuff to the phone there may be a text saved folder there also. just a few ideas.....or you could goto a store and talk to a sales person about it, and if you pay for the phone technically its yours so you should have full legal access to that stuff......may be a way around a supeona.
[signature]
I believe with quest you would have to get the phone to read the messages. I don't think they keep a record. It's my understanding that the only company that does is verison, and that's because of a special clause in there terms of service. Otherwise it is an Invasion of privacy to keep those kinds of records.
[signature]